Looks like the NCAA is about to take a big one...

Just saw this article and thought I would post it to help us pass the time before our first game. This article is about a judgement going against the NCAA in a class action lawsuit about NIL damages. Seems like they opened a can of worms once they caved to allowing the NIL. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/judges-ruling-could-lead-to-billions-in-damages-as-worst-case-scenario-rears-head-for-ncaa/

Edited by ButlerHoosier

3 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Just saw this article and thought I would post it to help us pass the time before our first game. This article is about a judgement going against the NCAA in a class action lawsuit about NIL damages. Seems like they opened a can of worms once they caved to allowing the NIL. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/judges-ruling-could-lead-to-billions-in-damages-as-worst-case-scenario-rears-head-for-ncaa/

Not sure ‘caving in’ was what got the into trouble - it was being stubborn, refusing to ‘cave in’ and over-step their authority, which ultimately invaded on individual rights. The quote at the end said it best: "The problem with organizations like the NCAA deciding to fight until the last dog's dead is that sometimes they end up being the last dog,"

…see ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

All the players wanted was 10%?
ncaa spent millions on lawyers to protect their cash cow 

When you lose 9/0 in today’s political Supreme Court…😳

This isn’t before the Supreme Court.   In fact, the district court judge has only ruled that it can go to trial.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier

29 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Not sure ‘caving in’ was what got the into trouble - it was being stubborn, refusing to ‘cave in’ and over-step their authority, which ultimately invaded on individual rights. The quote at the end said it best: "The problem with organizations like the NCAA deciding to fight until the last dog's dead is that sometimes they end up being the last dog,"

…see ya, wouldn’t wanna be ya

Exactly. Even with NIL they could've done something and tried to control it but instead they decided to fight it. Lost court cases and states passing NIL laws decided it for them and at that point it was completely out of their control. This is more of the same.

14 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I know it took a while to come to fruition, but I will say again. Anything that Miles Brand touched, turned to crap. Don't forget to water his grass IU fans.

Amen...Miles Brand , George Soros...Darth Sidious....all the same character....

Edited by Dawg Bawls
  • Like 3

On 11/5/2023 at 9:02 AM, ButlerHoosier said:

At what point do the B1G and SEC bail and start their own organization, to get out from under that liability?