2024 ATH Jah Jah Boyd Commits to Indiana

DC2345

49 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I agree but he could play corner at that size and with that speed.  I was guessing offense but I wondered if @DC2345 might have heard any whispers.

Most schools preferred him as a safety. That said he prefers to be a WR and so did JMU. I don’t think there’s been a final decision though about what position he plays long term. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Indykev said:

5'10" 170lb safety.. This coach will end up like the rest....FIRED. No Troy's on our schedule. He better hire some people who can recruit.

Don't think our weight room is good enough to bulk him up?

5'10 is a bit short but doesn't necessarily make him a bad recruit.    It's an inch taller than Lucas btw

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Don't think our weight room is good enough to bulk him up?

5'10 is a bit short but doesn't necessarily make him a bad recruit.    It's an inch taller than Lucas btw

No, I've driven around FAT linemen for years. Our weight room does nothing. Hell BB players pull on more mass.

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

5'10" 170lb safety.. This coach will end up like the rest....FIRED. No Troy's on our schedule. He better hire some people who can recruit.

He's been at the school for less than two weeks. What HS recruits are you expecting him to magically pull in that amount of time? Like let's be real here. The last time IU had a real head coach with a track record of success was...

I think we might need to see a couple of games before we light up the torches, no? Jumping to the worst case scenario already is pretty outrageous. One thing I have read is he's a good recruiter, but I think we need a little patience here. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

He's been at the school for less than two weeks. What HS recruits are you expecting him to magically pull in that amount of time? Like let's be real here. The last time IU had a real head coach with a track record of success was...

I think we might need to see a couple of games before we light up the torches, no? Jumping to the worst case scenario already is pretty outrageous. One thing I have read is he's a good recruiter, but I think we need a little patience here. 

All i see is more of the same so far. like i said, we'll see.

On 12/12/2023 at 7:01 PM, 94hoosier said:

Good thing Cig is bringing his own strength coach 

Wellman is quite literally one of the best in the business. If not for being an alumn, IU would never have been able to hire him.
Hopefully Ownings brings something unique and innovative to the program but lets not pretend that a guy who has been out of college 5 years is an upgrade. 

• Like 1