Indiana High School Football (2024)

Should be a pretty fun season in 2024, here are the 2023 state champions:

6A: Ben Davis 

5A: FW Snider

4A: East Central (moving up to 5A)

3A: Chatard (Moving up to 4A)

2A: FW Luers (Moving up to 3A)

1A: Lutheran (Moving up to 2A)*

Technically speaking, 1A to 4A will all have a new champion that is not repeating in that class

*1A Runner-up Adams Central is also moving up to 2A

Not Indiana HS but the HS team from the town I lived in just played for the state championship in Georgia. This the day after one of their teammates was found dead?!

https://share.newsbreak.com/5n0lpp06

Their grief compounded by a 1 point loss after overcoming a 14 point deficit!

Edit: now considered to have been foul play!

Edited by Drroogh

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Carmel and Ben Davis have higher populations than the town I grew up in. 😲

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Really, what town did you grow up in?

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The town I grew up(Carthage) had under a 1,000 people 

I haven't grown up yet.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2024 at 12:25 PM, btownqb said:

No privates until the semi-state for us....

Beat Tell City, Paoli, Linton, and North Posey to get to the final 4. I'm good with that. 

Just reviewed the new sectional assignments.  Have you guys started clearing space in the trophy case yet for 2 more sectional championship trophies?  Is it safe to say that Paoli is the only team in the sectional that should come within 5 TDs of Brownstown? 

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Just reviewed the new sectional assignments.  Have you guys started clearing space in the trophy case yet for 2 more sectional championship trophies?  Is it safe to say that Paoli is the only team in the sectional that should come within 5 TDs of Brownstown? 

Speaking to some coaches that play Tell City, they think they'll be much improved this year. They have a big SR class and twin brothers who are studs, Paoli also brought a lot back.  

Ironically, we also bring quite a bit back (we did lose more than the other two teams).. but we started 8 sophomores last year and still went undefeated in JV plus the 8th grade was undefeated. 

But don't kid yourself, we're very happy with this alignment after the last 6 years (3A for 4, 2A for 2) having a Top 5 ranked team in our sectional.  

-----------------

Silver Creeks sectional is going to be very open.  BNL Martinsville are probably the best teams, but they aren't powers. 

Got a chance to sneak a look at Carmel's Spring College Showcase day this morning. I can see why Anthony Coellner is getting the hype and I can see why Dabo Swinney was in on him early. Glad we are involved early too. I expect plenty more name school offers to follow in coming years.

• 2 weeks later...