2024 QB Tyler Cherry Commits to Indiana

DC2345

11 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can't open the Twitter feed, so not sure what this alludes to, but Nitro Tuggle from Northwood signed with Georgia. 4 star wide receiver. We have to start keeping these higher rated in-state guys.

That might be a way we can continuously improve/have a better product. I am more worried about scouting/developing correctly, though. 

I also don't see any way in the world we'll ever compete against OSU, UM, or ND for recruits, and my god especially not UGA. Good for that kid. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Can't open the Twitter feed, so not sure what this alludes to, but Nitro Tuggle from Northwood signed with Georgia. 4 star wide receiver. We have to start keeping these higher rated in-state guys.

Based on Rivals and sorting by RR, we got the following in-state

6) Tyler Cherry (5.8)

11) Adedamola Ajani (5.6)

16) Christian Peterson (5.5)

19) Khobie Martin (5.5)

52) Evan Lawrence (5.3)

Not exactly killing it in-state but Purdue only has 4 in-state (#9, #12, #14 and #60) so there is our silver lining lol.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

That might be a way we can continuously improve/have a better product. I am more worried about scouting/developing correctly, though. 

I also don't see any way in the world we'll ever compete against OSU, UM, or ND for recruits, and my god especially not UGA. Good for that kid. 

Let those guys sign with those top schools and in a couple of years sign them from the portal. A lot these guys will keep getting recruited over and will decide to leave UM or Georgia 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Let those guys sign with those top schools and in a couple of years sign them from the portal. A lot these guys will keep getting recruited over and will decide to leave UM or Georgia 

Exactly!  Eventually some may start with us as freshmen once we start winning and solidify our brand.

Edited by Hoosierinbham
  • Like 1