2024 Preview

btownqb

Including this... you'll see John A Logan listed  Top 10. 

Multiple past, VERY successful transfers in years past--- 5th rd pick Tanner Gordon and Logan Kaletha.. 

If Keyster is as successful at IU as those two, goodness, that will GREATLY lessen the loss of Sinnard. 

I'm actually a little surprised that move hasn't gotten more pub-- last 2 seasons in JUCO 75IP 1.92ERA .95WHIP 83Ks 21BB 50H 

... IMO-- he's a "crafty LHP" so the analysts want to see how his stuff does at the D1 level? Idk. Idk enough about it... I think he only throws 85-88, but can do a lot with it. He also didn't start many games at that level.. his #s were spread out across 20 appearances... we'll see. I think we got a good one. 

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Including this... you'll see John A Logan listed  Top 10. 

Multiple past, VERY successful transfers in years past--- 5th rd pick Tanner Gordon and Logan Kaletha.. 

If Keyster is as successful at IU as those two, goodness, that will GREATLY lessen the loss of Sinnard. 

I'm actually a little surprised that move hasn't gotten more pub-- last 2 seasons in JUCO 75IP 1.92ERA .95WHIP 83Ks 21BB 50H 

... IMO-- he's a "crafty LHP" so the analysts want to see how his stuff does at the D1 level? Idk. Idk enough about it... I think he only throws 85-88, but can do a lot with it. He also didn't start many games at that level.. his #s were spread out across 20 appearances... we'll see. I think we got a good one. 

Really really hoping we have few guys step up in the mound. That will determine the ceiling of this team. I’m not real concerned about our ability to score. Losing sinnard will still sting the whole year jsit unbelievable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

Really really hoping we have few guys step up in the mound. That will determine the ceiling of this team. I’m not real concerned about our ability to score. Losing sinnard will still sting the whole year jsit unbelievable 

Yep. Our ERA improved/situational pitching A LOT last season... 

Kraft, Risedorph, Bothwell, Holderfield, Foley is a very solid spot to start. Keyster, Northwestern transfer, Phillips, Manase, and Whiteaker in that next group... and this group can very solid. 

Ayden Decker Petty, Jacob Vogel, other transfers, and incoming FR in that wild card group.. 

as of now-- the plan for Oliver is to pitch and play the field. 2-way player

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also-- it does appear Tibbitts will be catching-- how much and if that is long-term, we will see. He's a VERY good 1st baseman, but obviously at catcher he can affect the game more.... with him catching-- I am guessing-- Bode/Sheppard play some first? Plus both of them catch some and Brock plays 1st? 

Idk. intriguing stuff though. 

• Like 1

R

Roster is posted... finally... 

Notes-- 

- In general-- we seem "big" heights, weights. I bet we have some weight room freaks.

-Oliver was listed as INF only... not listed as a pitcher. (so I was wrong the other day)... I would think Oliver has a good shot at some PT at 2B this season/pinch runner/etc

-FR Catcher TJ Schuyler is listed at 6'2 225, FR INF Cal Sefcik is listed at 6' 225, and FR OF Andrew Wiggins 6'4 225 are big individuals. 

- MY GUY RS FR Jacob Vogel made the roster--- 6'7 260lbs 

-Last note-- we brought in 6 SR/GR TR bullpen arms-- one is hurt for the year. Bohnert, but the others, if we can find 2 of them to throw well for us, we are going to be just fine on the mound. I'm with Mercer, I like our depth there. 

• Like 1

Ahhh haaa!! 

4 guys working at 1B--- Stadler (PU transfer) #44, #12 FR Cal Sefcik, #23 Joey Brenczewski, and I am fairly certain the individual with the cutoff on is AJ Sheppard. 

Obviously-- Tibbitts can and will play some here, too. 

It wouldn't surprise me if--- Sheppard, Sefcik, and Joey B all play some 1B to get them some reps. I could see Stadler coming in the T9/B9 situations to close out games, if he has shown to be the best of the bunch defensively. We have done that with catchers before, too. We'll... I feel Mercer has created competition at certain spots where we really needed it. 

The best bat out of this bunch could DH, as well. 

Saturday's game will be streamed on ESPN+.... unfortunately, that is the only game this weekend that is streamed. Sucks

ESPN+ will stream IU vs. Baylor all three games NEXT weekend. $10 this month for ESPN+ and you get 4 IU baseball games, at least. 

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

ok..so I complained to college baseball writer that the game isn't streamed on Friday.... looks like he might be working his magic for us!! kind of cool 

Ohhhhh. Question i never thought of before. ESPN+ and B1G+ are usually announced by students. Do they get paid for that?