RIP Sports Illustrated

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/19/media/sports-illustrated-layoffs/index.html

I subscribed for over 30 years starting in 1984.  Stop getting them about 6-7 years ago.  Up until last year, I still had every issue boxed up in my basement.  started sorting through them and only keeping ones with IU covers or covers of one of the greats (Bird, MJ, Peyton, Brady, Manning, Tiger, etc.). 

Edited by 5fouls

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/19/media/sports-illustrated-layoffs/index.html

I subscribed for over 30 years starting in 1984.  Stop getting them about 6-7 years ago.  Up until last year, I still had every issue boxed up in my basement.  started sorting through them and only keeping ones with IU covers or covers of one of the greats or the swimsuit issues (Bird, MJ, Peyton, Brady, Manning, Tiger, etc.). 

Fixed 😎

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

The Sporting News was my jam back in the day. Like in the late 80's and 90's.

12 hours ago, Naturalhoosier said:

For my taste, SI fell off the rails in the early 2000s.  I remember switching to Sporting News. They didn’t last too long. Then it was internet sources, no more magazines. 

I absolutely loved The Sporting News back in the late 70's, through the 80's, and most of the 90's.  I recall when they would put a week's worth of MLB boxscores in the magazine.  It aso did a great job with College Basketball.  I preferred it over SI as well.