Noah Washington

10 hours ago, NAHoosier62 said:

He's a highly ranked 8th grader from New Albany, IN.

I don't know how to embed here, but if you go to DevineDezines on Facebook, there are some videos from Jan. 19 posted of him in action.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/yeK45iXvQqKWfz8c/?mibextid=jmPrMh

I will say, back in like 1993 Scribner had a squad that went defeated for 3 years straight.  The top 2 players didn't even start Varsity by time everyone grew up.  Keep an eye on the kid for sure because he's already playing guard.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JcityHoosier said:

Watched him a couple times last summer...he's impressive...is he going to go to New Albany?...someone told me they heard he might go to Silver Creek 

I have not heard that.  Does he play AAU with anyone already at Creek?

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think he'll go to NA. I don't think he'll go to Floyd, where big Bro went... 

In general, NA's 7th+8th are absolutely loaded. Both won the Tournament of Champions in Bloomington this weekend. No easy feat doing that. 

His parents love Fonso White at Floyd Central. I don't think that's his destination either. NAs 7th and 8th grade teams are good because of him and kid named Stoudemire on 7th. But I've heard the Stoudemire kid may be heading to Jeffersonville. With Noah, I've actually heard a lot about Silver Creek. Coach Hoffman up there is a pretty well respected guy around here. I've also heard Louisville St X. I can tell you this. His parents don't put up with shit. If he plays 1 season where they don't feel he's used right, he's out of there. They gave Todd Sturgeon all kinds of hell and Todd is one of the best HS coaches that I've ever seen.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

His parents love Fonso White at Floyd Central. I don't think that's his destination either. NAs 7th and 8th grade teams are good because of him and kid named Stoudemire on 7th. But I've heard the Stoudemire kid may be heading to Jeffersonville. With Noah, I've actually heard a lot about Silver Creek. Coach Hoffman up there is a pretty well respected guy around here. I've also heard Louisville St X. I can tell you this. His parents don't put up with shit. If he plays 1 season where they don't feel he's used right, he's out of there. They gave Todd Sturgeon all kinds of hell and Todd is one of the best HS coaches that I've ever seen.

Heard the same with Stoudemire going to Jeff

21 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Sherron is doing great there. I'm impressed with him.

Sherron is a really good coach. I have seen first hand out what he can get out of his kids. 

Jeff's "struggles" this season aren't a result of him, and I still think they have a good shot to make a run in March. 

20 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I could care less if IU is recruiting an 8th grader lol. Woodson won’t even be there by the time he gets to college 

I think i would care more if he wasn't making the effort to recruit whether he plans on being here or not. 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Sherron is a really good coach. I have seen first hand out what he can get out of his kids. 

Jeff's "struggles" this season aren't a result of him, and I still think they have a good shot to make a run in March. 

Yep. The need to get the 6"9 guy involved more. I feel like they go away from him at times.

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Yep. The need to get the 6"9 guy involved more. I feel like they go away from him at times.

I think he needs to be more assertive, alpha-like.  He didn't play against Seymour-- they don't lose that game if he does. 

If you take that loss of the their record (and Seymour is not pathetic at all)-- their losses are VERY good. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He might be but I'll care more about that in a couple years. 

I doubt any in this thread cares about an 8th grader that much. 

I will tell you, the guy who runs essentially every worthwhile basketball tourney in southern Indiana said this kid is absolutely legit. That's topic worthy for me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I doubt any in this thread cares about an 8th grader that much. 

I will tell you, the guy who runs essentially every worthwhile basketball tourney in southern Indiana said this kid is absolutely legit. That's topic worthy for me. 

The next Damon Bailey thread??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1