B1G Tourney

btownqb

11AM start tomorrow--- weather looks interesting though.... 

I think Mercer throws Foley Game 1. He only threw 68 pitches on Thursday evening... 

Connor's ERA (outside of the 1.2 innings against PSU when he was injured)--- 55 innings 2.62ERA. Bothwell has been hot though, and I can't fault them if they throw Ty---- in his last 14.2 innings he's a 1.90ERA. I think that is who will start our first 2 games of this tourney. 

If we are fortunate enough to make it to Sunday, Foley could potentially throw Sunday, since he would have thrown Tuesday. (not getting ahead of myself, just mentioning).... 

Ayden Decker-Petty is hot on the mound, currently--- in his last 17.2 innings-- 2.09ERA

Drew Buhr will probably be the first out of the pen on Tuesday-- in his last 25 innings-- 2.16ERA 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

At this point, we gotta win to get in no?

I'm still not sure if I believe that. The committee is supposed to start looking at different factors and not just RPI now... buuuuuuuut yeah, probably.  

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm still not sure if I believe that. The committee is supposed to start looking at different factors and not just RPI now... buuuuuuuut yeah, probably.  

I think we have a chance, a slight chance, to get in as an at-large with an impressive run in the Big 10 tournament.  Probably need to make the championship.  Of course, that also depends on how other bubble teams do in their tournaments.  One thing to keep in mind vs. softball…there are 2 more at large bids in baseball because softball has 32 conferences compared to 30 for baseball.  Doesn’t seem like a big deal until you’re looking to be one of those last teams in, lol.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, IUJoe said:

I think we have a chance, a slight chance, to get in as an at-large with an impressive run in the Big 10 tournament.  Probably need to make the championship.  Of course, that also depends on how other bubble teams do in their tournaments.  One thing to keep in mind vs. softball…there are 2 more at large bids in baseball because softball has 32 conferences compared to 30 for baseball.  Doesn’t seem like a big deal until you’re looking to be one of those last teams in, lol.

Agree. just idk... the RPI is an ok measure, at best, it's just the only measure we have. Ultimately though, those smaller conferences down south benefit heavily by getting to play SEC teams in midweeks, etc. 

This sport could be A LOT better by just moving the start date by two weeks. 

Like IU Softball got in, their non conf schedule sucked compared to IU Baseball and have done worse in the conference.... but yet softball has a higher RPI? Makes no sense. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Agree. just idk... the RPI is an ok measure, at best, it's just the only measure we have. Ultimately though, those smaller conferences down south benefit heavily by getting to play SEC teams in midweeks, etc. 

This sport could be A LOT better by just moving the start date by two weeks. 

Like IU Softball got in, their non conf schedule sucked compared to IU Baseball and have done worse in the conference.... but yet softball has a higher RPI? Makes no sense. 

Yeah, I agree, baseball schedule was better out of conference.  I think the better softball RPI is just the result of a better record, and baseball losses to the likes of PFW and Illinois State.  Hopefully we can make a run.

OSU wins 15-2 with 10 run rule imposed after 7?  Saw that on OSU board but hard to believe that rule would be enforced in the BTT?

Just checked and indeed a 15-2 final with 7 innings played.  Hoosiers vs Buckeyes Thursday @ 2pm in winner's backet game.  Go Hoosiers!!!!!

Edited by eddy4iu

So--- the first 4 games were perfect for IU. We won, Nebraska, ILL, and Iowa all lost, they all have to come out of the loser's bracket. 

ILL/Iowa play an elimination game this morning 11AM and Iowa ruined a brilliant pitching performance by Brody Becht. Michigan scored 2 on an error/wild pitch and then a bases-loaded walk in the 10th. 

Nebraska beat Purdue last night--- Purdue is eliminated. 

We get Ohio St at 3pm today. I would be shocked if Foley wasn't on the mound. Win today and NE/OSU have to beat you twice on Saturday. 

• Like 2

Rushed home to catch the first pitch at 3:03 and see that it's now scheduled for 3:40.  Weather doesn't seem to be the issue so not sure what's up.

And, anybody know if we'll be considered the home team today due to our seeding?  I would have thought that to be a given but noticed that 6th seed Purdue was in white and batting in the bottom of innings vs 2nd seeded Nebraska.  How is this determined?

IU pitchers need to learn to throw strikes. So far in 7+ innings they have walked 11 batters but only have given up 3 hits. They have walked the bases loaded with no outs in the 8th. 

Edited by IU Scott
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, rico said:

IU radio guy is fed up with it.

They brought in the pitcher who gave up 4 runs in the 9th vs Purdue. He has walked 2 and just gave up an RBI single. It is now 12-7

Edited by IU Scott

31 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

They brought in the pitcher who gave up 4 runs in the 9th vs Purdue. He has walked 2 and just gave up an RBI single. It is now 12-7

They did what? Risedorph gave up 1 run on Tues and it was the correct decision today.