Transfer Portal News

btownqb

Austin Bode, Brooks Ey, Hayden Carlson, and Cooper Katskee have all entered the portal. 

Bode hit well but has no defensive position. 22 ABs on the year 

Carlson started 1 game. 

Brooks Ey didn't throw an inning. 

Katskee threw 3.1 innings. 10+ ERA

• Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Austin Bode, Brooks Ey, Hayden Carlson, and Cooper Katskee have all entered the portal. 

Bode hit well but has no defensive position. 22 ABs on the year 

Carlson started 1 game. 

Brooks Ey didn't throw an inning. 

Katskee threw 3.1 innings. 10+ ERA

I will preface this with saying i have 0 issues pushing guys to move on to open up spots, especially now when there is an influx of talent up for grabs every year, but i love using the term Painted because it pisses stlboiler off.

are they being Painted over, or on their own fruition, or a combo?

17 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I will preface this with saying i have 0 issues pushing guys to move on to open up spots, especially now when there is an influx of talent up for grabs every year, but i love using the term Painted because it pisses stlboiler off.

are they being Painted over, or on their own fruition, or a combo?

Bode, I'm sure, was more than welcome to stay--- buuut-- he might not get anymore ABs next year than he did last year. He's a catcher defensively but next season we will have 4-5 catchers on our roster that are better than he is defensively. 

I'm not sure what happened with Ey. He threw a lot two years ago.  🤷‍♂️

Carlson and Katskee are from Colorado and California and they both just saw the writing on the wall. 

Were they Painted? I would doubt it.  

Did both parties see the writing on the wall with who we have coming in/ the opportunities that'll be available next year? I would it was more along the lines of that.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

FR Cal Sefcik is in the portal 

Highly ranked kid, struggled mightily at the plate. 

IMO-- this could mean Pyne is back== no spot available at 3B. Cal is not a SS, and I think Cerny will be back from for that spot anyways, I doubt he's a 2B... 

1B will be Hanley, Joey B, and Sheppard next season... 

Edited by btownqb

Convincing Evansvilles ace (FR Kenton Deverman) to portal and getting him would be huge. 

Buuuut--- I think if he'd get in the portal, the SEC/ACC would be all over him. 

Again-- we are a mid major in baseball, our spending in the sport shows that. We rank 48th. 

Need to season moved back two weeks and more resources devoted to baseball. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

Convincing Evansvilles ace (FR Kenton Deverman) to portal and getting him would be huge. 

Buuuut--- I think if he'd get in the portal, the SEC/ACC would be all over him. 

Again-- we are a mid major in baseball, our spending in the sport shows that. We rank 48th. 

Need to season moved back two weeks and more resources devoted to baseball. 

Where’s the kid from? Any connection to IU?

• 2 weeks later...

Big pick up today.  Dickerson is actually from Jeffersonville. 

Coached against him when he was 9 and 10. Damn good then. 

He projects to play CF. 

this is from yesterday. Very veteran bat here. He'll almost be 25 next season. 

Taylor, Wiggins, Dickerson, DeMartino, Bakes, Macintyre is excellent depth in the OF. 

Joey B can play out there too. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Big pick up today.  Dickerson is actually from Jeffersonville. 

Coached against him when he was 9 and 10. Damn good then. 

He projects to play CF. 

this is from yesterday. Very veteran bat here. He'll almost be 25 next season. 

Taylor, Wiggins, Dickerson, DeMartino, Bakes, Macintyre is excellent depth in the OF. 

Joey B can play out there too. 

Forgive me for being naive here as I don’t follow other programs but these “tweets” don’t look all that impressive.  These two look bench players from other programs.  I guess if the expectation is they come here to add depth ok. But will they even be able to do that with how well we have recruited lately?  Am I being too negative here or misreading something?  I’d rather add the kid from Purdue.  Lol!

6 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Forgive me for being naive here as I don’t follow other programs but these “tweets” don’t look all that impressive.  These two look bench players from other programs.  I guess if the expectation is they come here to add depth ok. But will they even be able to do that with how well we have recruited lately?  Am I being too negative here or misreading something?  I’d rather add the kid from Purdue.  Lol!

Kid from Purdue plays 1B which we do not need. 

Dickerson is hitting great in summer league and plays a "defensive" position... at worst he hits 9th. 

But he had less than 40 ABs at UL this year and OBP was high. I'm not at all worried about the avg. He's a really good add. Top 100 kid coming out of HS. 

------

The kid from Xavier would be your 4th OFer--- stupid advanced being 24. 

Big East All Tourney team, 22 HR over 2 years 

.298/.382/.497 hitter in college as your 4th OFer is stupid good. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gavin Seebold (another Jeffersonville kid).. transferring from USI where he had great #s last year as a RS SO... 

Named second-team All-OVC...posted a team-best 7-2 record in 16 games and 10 starts...had a 3.93 ERA in 71.0 innings of work, striking out 58 batters.

Last 6 starts-- 35IP -- 3.09ERA whip 1.17 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Gavin Seebold (another Jeffersonville kid).. transferring from USI where he had great #s last year as a RS SO... 

Named second-team All-OVC...posted a team-best 7-2 record in 16 games and 10 starts...had a 3.93 ERA in 71.0 innings of work, striking out 58 batters.

Last 6 starts-- 35IP -- 3.09ERA whip 1.17 

Will take all the pitching we can get