Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

New article quoting Romeo that he will not make any more visits and doubts there will be any in home either.  Based on what he likes about each school, it is down to KU and IU if you ask me. 

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6169126-flo40-no-6-romeo-langford-targeting-decision-in-next-few-weeks

Definitely an interesting development with the visit. Hoping IU still gets the last word with him. Was happy though to see that he thinks very highly of Schilling. I think that could be the deciding factor if he chooses IU. 

Completely understandable to not have any further campus and home visits. There’s nothing that will be stated which hasn’t already been said. Now it’s time to make a decision. 

Feel like this news will cause an IU fan frenzy of fear, but I’m sticking with my prediction of the Hoosiers!

1 minute ago, DocHoosier said:

Completely understandable to not have any further campus and home visits. There’s nothing that will be stated which hasn’t already been said. Now it’s time to make a decision. 

Feel like this news will cause an IU fan frenzy of fear, but I’m sticking with my prediction of the Hoosiers!

The fact that he decided against his trip to Bloomington makes the Kansas momentum feel real. 

35 minutes ago, bstall76 said:

New article quoting Romeo that he will not make any more visits and doubts there will be any in home either.  Based on what he likes about each school, it is down to KU and IU if you ask me. 

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6169126-flo40-no-6-romeo-langford-targeting-decision-in-next-few-weeks

He is announcing at New Albany High School in the gym, so it will be interesting if it will be private or open to the public.  

2 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The fact that he decided against his trip to Bloomington makes the Kansas momentum feel real. 

Again, I’m just not sure there’s anything Archie is going to tell him which he doesn’t already know. Couple weeks we will have our answer. Regardless of the result the sun will rise and Hoosiers are in a good place with CAM

5 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I thought the same thing when I read this page of the forum and heard he isn't doing anymore visits, but after reading that article I feel like we are going to get him.  He talked about our coaching staff when asked about the things he likes about IU, and his KU and Vandy answers seemed a little generic. 

To me it seems like he may have made his mind up already.

10 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've said Vandy all along but this has Kansas written all over it.   I know what the big time insiders Mile, 0708, Coach SS, et have said.  This just looks like Kansas though.  Good luck Romeo.

Just to clarify, one more time.  I have never said, I knew or know where Romeo is going.   As far as being a big time insider... I want to thank you for that.  Just as recently, as a few days ago... I posted that "this big time insider" has no clue as to where Romeo is going to be playing his collegiate BB.  And I still don't.  Just want to make that clear.

But thanks for the complement.  I consider it an honor.

37 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've said Vandy all along but this has Kansas written all over it.   I know what the big time insiders Mile, 0708, Coach SS, et have said.  This just looks like Kansas though.  Good luck Romeo.

People could argue the samething about IU.  These articles do not point to any direction where he is going.  It might be a half cup kind of thing.  

1 hour ago, CapnRon said:

I thought the same thing when I read this page of the forum and heard he isn't doing anymore visits, but after reading that article I feel like we are going to get him.  He talked about our coaching staff when asked about the things he likes about IU, and his KU and Vandy answers seemed a little generic. 

To me it seems like he may have made his mind up already.

I feel the same way. Wouldn't be suprised either way if it's Kansas or Indiana but I feel like Indiana will win out. I love to see that he really thinks highly of schilling. Big hire by Archie!

31 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Just to clarify, one more time.  I have never said, I knew or know where Romeo is going.   As far as being a big time insider... I want to thank you for that.  Just as recently, as a few days ago... I posted that "this big time insider" has no clue as to where Romeo is going to be playing his collegiate BB.  And I still don't.  Just want to make that clear.

But thanks for the complement.  I consider it an honor.

All is true.  Mile never said he knew where Romeo was going only that he'd shocked if Kansas was the pick.  And you never said Donovan to IU.  That was Btowninsider an obvious troll.

14 minutes ago, Tru123dt said:

People could argue the samething about IU.  These articles do not point to any direction where he is going.  It might be a half cup kind of thing.  

Yea when the visit was cancelled I expected this thread to take a nasty turn.  Either no one is panicking, or they are busy because it is Saturday lol I'm guessing the 2nd one.

The longer this goes, the more confident I am that it's IU. The no visit thing doesn't bother me at all. That had the look of a victory lap and this has the look of a recruit who is tired of traveling and wants to keep a little suspense in the decision. Credit Romeo and family for playing this as well as the Zellers did. Nobody (including me and DBM) outside of a very tight circle (that isn't talking) knows where he's going and that's a good thing. I hate decision announcements with no mystery in them.

Archived