Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AxnJxn said:

I actually think we're pretty much on the same page here, with just a slight difference on the injury risk. I do agree that there is the opportunity for Romeo to improve his value by coming back for one more year, I just think most people aren't looking at the full scope of that decision, what he's giving up/risking if he does come back, or are trying to compare it to the average Joe's decision on his 9-5 job/career.

There is literally no comparison between a professional athletes existence and the average Joe. 

2 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I said nothing about lottery pick...I simply was implying that his chances of playing in the NBA next year are better by staying another year at IU and working on improving his overall game.

I actually think his chances stagnated. I don't think he really improved or hurt his chances at all. His best chance for improving stock would have been to shoot 38-40% from 3 this season. 

14 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I said nothing about lottery pick...I simply was implying that his chances of playing in the NBA next year are better by staying another year at IU and working on improving his overall game.

Are you talking about Romeo or Juwan here? Not sure I'm getting your point with respect to your previous comment about Juwan. He wasn't looking at a guaranteed contract, or anything like what Romeo's decision involves. They're not really comparable situations.

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I actually think his chances stagnated. I don't think he really improved or hurt his chances at all. His best chance for improving stock would have been to shoot 38-40% from 3 this season. 

I respectfully disagree with a few things you said. I am not saying he is leaps and bounds better this year, but he got visibly better in areas of importance.  IMO, Juwan improved his rebounding and overall toughness around the basket compared to last year. Also his 3 pt. accuracy improved slightly, but not enough to raise eyebrows. With all this being said, it is completely up to him as to how bad he wants to play in the NBA and far he wants to take this. 

41 minutes ago, AxnJxn said:

Are you talking about Romeo or Juwan here? Not sure I'm getting your point with respect to your previous comment about Juwan. He wasn't looking at a guaranteed contract, or anything like what Romeo's decision involves. They're not really comparable situations.

Look, I made a reference as to what I felt was a comparable between Juwan and Romeo. Juwan staying another year did not hurt his NBA chances, it helped him. I made no mention of lottery picks or guarantees of any kind. I was simple making and observation that by Juwan staying another year helped him for his chances to possibly make it to the NBA at some point. Romeo is definitely going to play in the NBA. These guys are two different talent levels and abilities. If Romeo stays another year at IU, I feel he too could improve in various areas to help improve his game. That is all I was trying to imply.......:panic:

35 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

I respectfully disagree with a few things you said. I am not saying he is leaps and bounds better this year, but he got visibly better in areas of importance.  IMO, Juwan improved his rebounding and overall toughness around the basket compared to last year. Also his 3 pt. accuracy improved slightly, but not enough to raise eyebrows. With all this being said, it is completely up to him as to how bad he wants to play in the NBA and far he wants to take this. 

Are you talking about improvements to his game from year-to-year or his NBA stock? Those are two different things. For him to improve his NBA stock he had to show he can be a positionless player and/or a 3 and D guy. Averaging a rebound more per game or being a little tougher doesn't really help his NBA stock. 

His path to the NBA is showing that he can switch out on guards and defend the perimeter and showing he can be a reliable 3pt threat. I'm not sure he accomplished either, certainly not the second one. 

7 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

At https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/04/01/draft-watch-a-look-at-where-romeo-langford-and-juwan-morgan-stand/#disqus_thread comment section recently a member stated that Langford would be coming back if he were slated to be drafted higher than 12th. I was curious if anyone else had heard this?

I don't understand 12.  Aren't there 14 spots in the lottery?

12 minutes ago, rico said:

I don't understand 12.  Aren't there 14 spots in the lottery?

Yes the lottery goes to 14. I glanced briefly at the difference in salary between from the 12th pick to the 13th and didn’t see a big change in pay during the first four seasons. Granted I was the number 1 pick at the park playground last weekend so I don’t really know what it’s like to be picked 13th. 

The commenter said they were just passing info they had for others to read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

At https://www.insidethehall.com/2019/04/01/draft-watch-a-look-at-where-romeo-langford-and-juwan-morgan-stand/#disqus_thread comment section recently a member stated that Langford would be coming back if he were slated to be drafted higher than 12th. I was curious if anyone else had heard this?

I don't think that guy knows anything more than we do. 

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I don't think that guy knows anything more than we do. 

That is the same guy that correctly informed everybody over there that Romeo was indeed coming to IU...of course he told everyone a day after Romeo made his announcement.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Are you talking about improvements to his game from year-to-year or his NBA stock? Those are two different things. For him to improve his NBA stock he had to show he can be a positionless player and/or a 3 and D guy. Averaging a rebound more per game or being a little tougher doesn't really help his NBA stock. 

His path to the NBA is showing that he can switch out on guards and defend the perimeter and showing he can be a reliable 3pt threat. I'm not sure he accomplished either, certainly not the second one. 

Man, he just couldn’t buy a three when the calendar switched to 2019.  Went 13/28 from November-December (46.4%) and 13/60 (21.7%) from January-March.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, Juwan was a better player this year, but the things he improved upon don't help his NBA draft stock all that much. It's a tough road for a 6'8" interior guy who hasn't demonstrated a reliable outside shot.

45 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Yes the lottery goes to 14. I glanced briefly at the difference in salary between from the 12th pick to the 13th and didn’t see a big change in pay during the first four seasons. Granted I was the number 1 pick at the park playground last weekend so I don’t really know what it’s like to be picked 13th. 

The commenter said they were just passing info they had for others to read. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the last and every other time I got picked I was last. The ones that really hurt, were the times I didn't get picked at all!

12 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Man, he just couldn’t buy a three when the calendar switched to 2019.  Went 13/28 from November-December (46.4%) and 13/60 (21.7%) from January-March.

I thought maybe his 3 point shooting took a dive after he got hurt in the MSU game, but the numbers don't really support that. 

Archived