NCAA Transfer Rule being Looked at

Indykev

I said I was done with this. But if they put a rule in barring tampering, go for it. If you or anyone contacts a kid or a kid contacts you without the permission from his current school he can't go to your school and the player loses his one time free transfer without sitting a year. Coaches are complaining it will make their jobs harder, who cares, earn your millions.I don't think it will be a free for all after thinking about it.

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

I said I was done with this. But if they put a rule in barring tampering, go for it. If you or anyone contacts a kid or a kid contacts you without the permission from his current school he can't go to your school and the player loses his one time free transfer without sitting a year. Coaches are complaining it will make their jobs harder, who cares, earn your millions.I don't think it will be a free for all after thinking about it.

How would a tampering prohibition be enforced though?  I agree it's a good idea, but it seems almost meaningless, especially considering how toothless the NCAA is.

I can't imagine tampering would be able to be enforced either.  The coaches would just have boosters or people "not related to the program" do the recruiting of these guys for them.

And if the coaches actually contacted the player, the only people who would know about it would be the coach and the transferring player and neither one of them would say anything to jeopardize it.

Archived