pee yew's non conference hoops partial sched. :At Texas +

games at home with Fairfield , Ball State , Robert Morris , Ohio University , and Belmont !! Road games at Texas , 3 games in the Charleston Classic , and vs. Notre Dame in Indy !! I think this might be pew yew's toughest non-conference schedule in a while !! They also will have a game versus an ACC team -probably on the road !! I'm at the library now and I will post on my Kindle fire from home after I have analyzed the match- ups !! With the loss of those 4 SENIORS [for pee yew] and what I see coming back for their non conference foes , it could be fun watching those turkies lose more games in non-conference play than they did all of last season ???? pee yew LOST SEVEN GAMES WITH THOSE FOUR SENIORS LAST SEASON ,VBG 

3 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

games at home with Fairfield , Ball State , Robert Morris , Ohio University , and Belmont !! Road games at Texas , 3 games in the Charleston Classic , and vs. Notre Dame in Indy !! I think this might be pew yew's toughest non-conference schedule in a while !! They also will have a game versus an ACC team -probably on the road !! I'm at the library now and I will post on my Kindle fire from home after I have analyzed the match- ups !! With the loss of those 4 SENIORS [for pee yew] and what I see coming back for their non conference foes , it could be fun watching those turkies lose more games in non-conference play than they did all of last season ???? pee yew LOST SEVEN GAMES WITH THOSE FOUR SENIORS LAST SEASON ,VBG 

I assume you're being sarcastic about their schedule lol 

Kentucky is the only team I hate. Purdue is meh for me. We can call them a rival I guess. 

41 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I assume you're being sarcastic about their schedule lol 

Kentucky is the only team I hate. Purdue is meh for me. We can call them a rival I guess. 

While he is wrong that their schedule is tough, he’s not wrong that it’s tougher than their recent schedules. Painter schedules like Crean. 

54 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

While he is wrong that their schedule is tough, he’s not wrong that it’s tougher than their recent schedules. Painter schedules like Crean. 

Oh wow... lol I'm glad you told me. I've never paid attention. That's awful. 

I wouldn't necessarily sleep on Belmont either. They have a couple of bigs who are possible breakout kids.They also have enough backcourt size to spread Purdue thin for long enough to believe. That's all it takes sometimes when there is depth. some talent. and an ability to create a matchup issue with bigger guards.There are several Indiana kids and the roster is mostly from within a  few  hours driving distance .These kids have rubbed elbows with the big  time recruits in school and AAU ball.They won't be in awe and Belmont has went on the road to play some really tough teams almost every year. Plus they've been a recent regular postseason team in the NCAAT or the NIT. .I'm just saying they might be better than advertised, especially if the Center Grove kid goes off.I don't know a lot about  the rest of the players, but he  went off on a couple of these area teams in high school. Correct me if Im wrong , but IU was after his buddies, and I never recall him on IU's target board.Thats where the correct me part comes in .  Anyway. I'm not going to segue into ex-IU coach discussions.  If Purdue is already having consistency issues going into that game they could be ripe.One can only hope.  :D

If there are typos I apologize I misplaced my reading glasses somewhere..

No , I am not 100% sure that the Smellerakers will actually lose 7 times in non-conference games ! However ,here are the games that Ihink they coud lose ::::

#1- Ball State ! BSU now has. 7 former Indiana H.S. All Stars on their roster with the now transfer eligible from Missouri & Arkansas ! BSU has 8 players between 6'6" & 6 '10" ! ! And , they have more returning starters & experience !! BSU Won 19 games last year !!

#2. Texas !!!!!

#3 whomever they play in the B10/ACC Challenge ! (VBG)

#4  & 5 in The Charleston Classic !!

#6- Notre Dame

#7 Belmont:: They won 24 games last year ! They have 7 players back , including players who scored  17.3 , 9.2 , 6.5 , 4.5 , 2.6 points per game last year !! Size ? They can go :;::6'11" ,  6 '10" , 6 '9" ,  6 '8' , 6'7" & 6 '5" ! ! They will have 4 key players from the state of Indiana who would Lo v e to show the  smellermakers up for not recruiting them !!!!!!

2 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

No , I am not 100% sure that the Smellerakers will actually lose 7 times in non-conference games ! However ,here are the games that Ihink they coud lose ::::

#1- Ball State ! BSU now has. 7 former Indiana H.S. All Stars on their roster with the now transfer eligible from Missouri & Arkansas ! BSU has 8 players between 6'6" & 6 '10" ! ! And , they have more returning starters & experience !! BSU Won 19 games last year !!

#2. Texas !!!!!

#3 whomever they play in the B10/ACC Challenge ! (VBG)

#4  & 5 in The Charleston Classic !!

#6- Notre Dame

#7 Belmont:: They won 24 games last year ! They have 7 players back , including players who scored  17.3 , 9.2 , 6.5 , 4.5 , 2.6 points per game last year !! Size ? They can go :;::6'11" ,  6 '10" , 6 '9" ,  6 '8' , 6'7" & 6 '5" ! ! They will have 4 key players from the state of Indiana who would Lo v e to show the  smellermakers up for not recruiting them !!!!!!

Based on your splendid analysis, I expect the Smellermakers to lose all seven games by large margins. VBG!!!!

2 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

The rivalry with Kentucky has been dampered a little bit since we don't play them every year in the season. Wish Cal would grow a pair and get this series going again. 

Cave to demands and go beyond.  Walk into the ambush and win.  Play every year at Rupp.  Showcase what a Program of well coached student athletes can do vs a basketball factory.  Anytime anywhere, no fear. I think this is Archie's persona, business logistics would not allow for it, but its an attitude I can see developing within the program and fans.

Archived