Roy Hibbert, De'ron Davis and the problem for old school bigs...

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I totally agree with that last paragraph because the year where they played 50 games because of the strike was a good regular season.  There are to many games in the regular season where teams just don't show up because of to many games and travel in a short period of time.  I also think my attitude goes back when I was a kid because I don't think of May and June as basketball season.  When I was a kid this time of the year was for baseball and that was what I was doing at this time of year.

I think you hit upon a good explanation as to why some prefer the college game to the NBA. For many years,  it seemed to me, that during the NBA season, many players looked to just be going through the motions.  Yet come playoff time, is when they upped their game.  I always thought that was strange.  However, you do make a good point.  In terms of length of season.  Just like a championship swimmer.  Gotta pace yourself. 

I am not knocking the NBA.  Just prefer the college game.  Though the OAD is something I don't care for. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Let's take Labron for example you probably would not call him lazy but I have seen plays or games where he was lazy.  I was at 3 of the playoffs and the Cavs was going toward my end during the second half.  Late in the game with the score tied Labron drove the lane and thought he was fouled.  he stayed on the other end to argue with the ref and the Pacers had a brake away and got a 3 in the corner from the guy Labron was supposed to guard.  I remember the Mavs series where he pretty much quit so I see one thing and you might not see it that way.

Well, you picked probably the biggest whining prima donna in the NBA.  James gets by with it because his talent transcends his tendency to take plays off and whine at the officials when he doesn't get his way.  I would not say James is a representative example of the talent/character/work ethic in the NBA.  He is an outlier in many ways.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:12 PM, 5fouls said:

Possibly, but not exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm thinking more of the morning / evening scheduled variety.

http://buffalonews.com/2016/07/26/big-4-will-play-basketball-double-header-dec-17/

Edit : Nevermind .It wasn't a true two-teams - two meetings - same day doubleheader. 

I looked around for a couple of hours to no avail. Now I would definitely like that answered for myself as well. That is,  if there is even an answer even out there to be had at all.

7 hours ago, jblaz13 said:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/07/26/big-4-will-play-basketball-double-header-dec-17/

Edit : Nevermind .It wasn't a true two-teams - two meetings - same day doubleheader. 

I looked around for a couple of hours to no avail. Now I would definitely like that answered for myself as well. That is,  if there is even an answer even out there to be had at all.

I spent a couple of hours myself.  Nada

Archived