Ohio State posts Non conference schedule !

Wed. 11-7-18 AT Cincinnati , Sun. 11-11-18 home vs. Fort Wayne , Thur. 11-15-18 AT Creighton , Sun. 11-18-18 home vs. South Carolina State , Tue. 11-20-18 home vs. Samford , Fri. 11-23-18 home vs. Cleveland State , Wed. 11-28-18 vs. Syracuse , Sat. 12-15-18 home vs. Bucknell , Tue. 12-18-18 home vs. Youngstown State , Sun. 12-23-18 vs. UCLA  , Sat. 12-29-18 ! The games with Ft. Wayne , South Carolina State , Samford , and Cleveland State are part of an a season event !  

Are we still groveling about not playing UK?  I caught a replay last night of them barely beating Vanderbilt at home last year in overtime.  We played Duke last year for Christ's sake.  Kansas and North Carolina the year before.  It's not like we're not playing better teams than UK anyway.  Eff Cal and his toothless blue army.  I'd rather knock them out of the tournament when it counts.

1 hour ago, hoosiertildeath said:

FKIMO1 ::: Love your post !! I also can not understand why any IU Fan would ever want IU to schedule those cheating kentucky Mildkats , VBG.

I can't understand why you are concerned about Ohio St.'s non-conference schedule?

Indiana plays Ohio State during the Big Ten Season and I try to see as many of Indiana's opponents Before we play them ! I would hope that ALL Indiana fans would want to see them as well ! Also  ,  The state of Indiana is famous for its love of basketball ! Therefore I also think that any basketball news should be welcome that remotely relates to Hoosier basketball !!

4 hours ago, hoosiertildeath said:

FKIMO1 ::: Love your post !! I also can not understand why any IU Fan would ever want IU to schedule those cheating kentucky Mildkats , VBG.

...and I love your enthusiasm, man.  Hope I have that kind of energy when I'm retired...

On 6/23/2018 at 6:44 PM, IUguy said:

Pretty lame!

They have the 2k,ACC-B1G, Cincy(Gavitt? Forgot what conf UC is in)  as centerpiece games.There is another Power 5 in Stanford, and they have 2 other in-state home games , plus Ft Wayne.SCSU is really the only game nobody in Ohio will have any reason to give a crap about seeing.

Given Holtmann is working with a younger group, it is about as strategic as it gets.For a coach it wouldn't be ideal to take a big step backward in year two and give the impression reality is setting in .This as opposed to giving your team time and keeping the home state fans somewhat placated for the most part.

The beauty of schedules like OSU's with a young team is if they fall a notch they could take some L's to teams with just enough hunger to catch them putting the new pieces together early season.That is my opposing fan sentiment speaking, of course.I mean, I' love to see CSU ,YSU and FW  backfire on thel like ISU and FW did for us last year.

It's one thing to schedule lower teams and play events for the sake of avoiding more likely OOC losses ,but another to schedule what's right for your ball team.I  personally like what they did knowing they'd be dealing with many more unknowns including new starters at PG and on the wing.20 B1G games will be enough of a built in upgrade from 2 additional guarantee games most years.

Whether their slate came together more by chance or by design it might be what's "right" for their program this year.Just my two cents but it makes plenty of sense why this may have come together for them the way it did. 

I had hit reply to you by mistake on my phone.Sorry .It was to everyone really.

Talking about non conference schedules.  Caused me to recon back to a time when IU played entire countries.  I know HTD will appreciate this.

Here's a pic of Scott May putting up a shot against a Russian defender, in the old Market Square Arena :

P0041051

Archived