IUFB. The good and the bad. Seasons past. Heading to the future

THE GOOD At least some students and IU fans show up for games, even for Michigan.

THE BAD : Only some students and IU fans show up for games, even for Michigan.

Indiana Hoosiers v. Michigan | Entrance | Memorial Stadium

Now that IU has a beautiful enclosed stadium, what does the future hold, for fans in terms of attendance ? 

Looks like the IUAA is doing something to try to help home attendance this upcoming season.

Indiana University Alumni Association is offering $20 discounts for members to  the following games:

Virginia, Sept. 8

Ball State, Sept. 15

Michigan State, Sept. 22

Penn State, Oct. 20

Maryland, Nov. 10 ($25 off)

Purdue, Nov. 24

On 7/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, milehiiu said:

Looks like the IUAA is doing something to try to help home attendance this upcoming season.

Indiana University Alumni Association is offering $20 discounts for members to  the following games:

Virginia, Sept. 8

Ball State, Sept. 15

Michigan State, Sept. 22

Penn State, Oct. 20

Maryland, Nov. 10 ($25 off)

Purdue, Nov. 24

I like it!

The overwhelming majority of the teams to visit come off of last season viewed as mostly emerging and on the rise, making them nice games to get the discount on. IU can also do their part on the field to add even more value to that! Could be a real sweeter than expected deal depending on how that last factor works out. 

2 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

I like it!

The overwhelming majority of the teams to visit come off of last season viewed as mostly emerging and on the rise, making them nice games to get the discount on. IU can also do their part on the field to add even more value to that! Could be a real sweeter than expected deal depending on how that last factor works out. 

I published this as a Hoosier Sports Nation Public Service Announcement, first fold.  However, you make a good point.  And attractive slate of games to get a discount on.  What surprised me, though was to see the Bucket game on the list as well. 

jb... you've been with HSN3.0 since the beginning. And though you don't post a ton.... I personally want to thank you for being a member. 

14 hours ago, milehiiu said:

I published this as a Hoosier Sports Nation Public Service Announcement, first fold.  However, you make a good point.  And attractive slate of games to get a discount on.  What surprised me, though was to see the Bucket game on the list as well. 

jb... you've been with HSN3.0 since the beginning. And though you don't post a ton.... I personally want to thank you for being a member. 

Thank you! For both the PSA, and the kind thoughts! Reading others' thoughts here definitely gets higher priority from me and always has over the years.

Seeing Purdue among those.surprised me too. That's the featured match up for many of us no matter how the rest of the season goes. That said, I still see the biggest challenge to attendance being keeping people in those seats,  so let us all collectively hope that becomes the new trend.

Archived