Nice article on Fitzner...

Good to know someone besides my self is willing to suffer the "slings" and "arrows" of linking a Tom Davis article to HSN.   LOL

Also.... not my idea.  Saw it elsewhere.   The guy just seems to "Fitz" in. 

Looking forward to seeing him action this fall. 

With the Davis injury likely holding Davis out of really contributing much until the second semester I think Fitz will play a critical role. I think him coming in is a signal that Davis will likely still be effected by his injury this year and will limit his minutes AND the fact that say a Clifton Moore is still a bit far away from contributing on a major minute level. I think if either of those players had shown we could count on them to operate a heavier load we probably give McRoberts a scholly.

16 hours ago, dgambill said:

With the Davis injury likely holding Davis out of really contributing much until the second semester I think Fitz will play a critical role. I think him coming in is a signal that Davis will likely still be effected by his injury this year and will limit his minutes AND the fact that say a Clifton Moore is still a bit far away from contributing on a major minute level. I think if either of those players had shown we could count on them to operate a heavier load we probably give McRoberts a scholly.

I think Fitzner is a better fit for this team even if Davis healthy. He stretches the defense which gives Juwan more room to operate on the block and is more mobile so we don't get torched by bigs who can stretch the floor like what we saw happen time and time again with Davis. 

The reality is, we tend to focus on what Davis did against Duke and ignore that we lost games we had no business losing because of how easy he was to abuse for opposing teams. He wasn't even on the floor in the ND game because of how bad they made him look. 

7 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think Fitzner is a better fit for this team even if Davis healthy. He stretches the defense which gives Juwan more room to operate on the block and is more mobile so we don't get torched by bigs who can stretch the floor like what we saw happen time and time again with Davis. 

The reality is, we tend to focus on what Davis did against Duke and ignore that we lost games we had no business losing because of how easy he was to abuse for opposing teams. He wasn't even on the floor in the ND game because of how bad they made him look. 

And Fitz is at least capable of moving his feet on the perimeter!!!

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Is it his opinion that a "really positive situation" would be Morgan at the 3, Fitz 4, and DD 5? Or did Miller actually say that... 

I would say that is the author's opinion, not Miller's, since it was not in quotes.

Which brings up another question . . . If you were to play Juwan, Evan, and Justin together, who would guard the other teams 3 spot?

21 minutes ago, IUaic said:

I would say that is the author's opinion, not Miller's, since it was not in quotes.

Which brings up another question . . . If you were to play Juwan, Evan, and Justin together, who would guard the other teams 3 spot?

I think Juwan could defend almost all the other teams 3s..  but I dont we will see that lineup once this season. 

1 hour ago, IUaic said:

I wouldn't play that lineup and I don't think Archie will. None of those guys are 3s. 

4 hours ago, btownqb said:

I think Juwan could defend almost all the other teams 3s..  but I dont we will see that lineup once this season. 

That lineup would scare me against most teams. The game is changing so fast that if you can't play on the perimeter away from the basket as a big you are getting left behind. A lot of teams play 3 guards as well so Morgan at the 3 would be very limited. I mean it isn't like we are playing Purdue with Haas and Harms playing together.....not very many teams are going to trot out multiple 6-10 or larger bigs that we would need to move Morgan from the 4 to the 3. I'm sure it could happen on occasion but I don't think that is our best defensive group and Archie strikes me as a defensive first coach. At this point I think Archie is a LONG way away from knowing his starting 5....much less his rotations. Kids have a lot of hard work and practice time ahead to earn their positions.

Archived