2019 Colts, Bears, and other NFL talk

rico

4 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

And one more out of Philly. Guy was doing an interview after saving babies lives yesterday. In his interview with press he said he was catching the kids unlike Agholor. Unreal. 

Ugh, the Eagles are literally two completely wide open dropped passes away from being 3-0. They had 7 dropped passes yesterday, as well as an Agholor fumble where he wasn't even hit on the play. Praying that Alshon Jeffrey and DeSean Jackson are back for Thursday Night Football in Green Bay. Injuries have been a killer, but can't afford to go down to 1-3. 

It also doesn't help that the Cowboys have to have had the easiest first 3-game schedule in NFL history. While they look good, they've started vs. Giants (with Eli starting), @ Redskins, vs. Dolphins. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Ugh, the Eagles are literally two completely wide open dropped passes away from being 3-0. They had 7 dropped passes yesterday, as well as an Agholor fumble where he wasn't even hit on the play. Praying that Alshon Jeffrey and DeSean Jackson are back for Thursday Night Football in Green Bay. Injuries have been a killer, but can't afford to go down to 1-3. 

It also doesn't help that the Cowboys have to have had the easiest first 3-game schedule in NFL history. While they look good, they've started vs. Giants (with Eli starting), @ Redskins, vs. Dolphins. 

The Patriots are probably right there with Dallas as far as the easiest schedule to date. Pittsburgh without there two best weapons from previous years, Miami and the Jets.

In fact, it's astounding to me that there SOS is rated the 2nd easiest of all teams. Only Washington's is rated easier. The reigning Super Bowl champion should have to play a much more difficult schedule.

As far as your Eagles are concerned, I just want to see Ertz get going. His lack of production is killing me in Fantasy Football

7 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

The Patriots are probably right there with Dallas as far as the easiest schedule to date. Pittsburgh without there two best weapons from previous years, Miami and the Jets.

In fact, it's astounding to me that there SOS is rated the 2nd easiest of all teams. Only Washington's is rated easier. The reigning Super Bowl champion should have to play a much more difficult schedule.

As far as your Eagles are concerned, I just want to see Ertz get going. His lack of production is killing me in Fantasy Football

Well it all depends on what NFC division and other AFC division you play in that certain year.  Also the AFC east is probably the worst division in football so it will always give the Pats an easy schedule.

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah, I had lots of friends insisting he was going to retire and I thought all along...no way a hall of fame guy like Vinateiri goes out on a sour note like that.

I think he hangs it up after this year.  Father Time isn't on his doorstep yet, but he's walking up the driveway. 

Remarkable that he's still playing.  Has to be the only player left that was playing in the NFL when I was in high school.

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I think he hangs it up after this year.  Father Time isn't on his doorstep yet, but he's walking up the driveway. 

Remarkable that he's still playing.  Has to be the only player left that was playing in the NFL when I was in high school.

I think he and Brady are the 2 longest active playing guys in the NFL.  Poorly worded. But you know what I intend to say

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Well it all depends on what NFC division and other AFC division you play in that certain year.  Also the AFC east is probably the worst division in football so it will always give the Pats an easy schedule.

Well you can't do nothing about the division you are.  The Pats play the NFC East and the AFC North.  Since they finished 1st in their division last year they will play Houston and KC.

3 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

In my best Sesame Street voice....

"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things is not quite the same."

Backup quarterbacks this past weekend-- Jacoby Brissett(kind of), Kyle Allen, Teddy Bridgewater, Gardner Minshew, even Mason Rudolph...Luke Falk Yikes!

And of course the good thing is none of them play for the Patriots...however the Pats might have really f'd up with Brissett.  At least that is my thought process right now.

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Really happy for him. Amazing what happens when a coach commits to the run vs Packers. Of course Nagy thought passing the ball 33 straight times was wise in our week 1 loss to Packers. Still ticks me off. Haha

It is a little mind numbing looking back at that Bears/Pack game.

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Huge win for my Birds! After all the injuries, the huge dropped passes against Atlanta and Detroit, and the Cowboys playing a JV schedule, they really needed this one. 

Don't much care for Philly, but I got to pull for those IU boys.

Just a general comment. Not sure if any Bengals fans around here. With AJ Green set to return soon (most likely) and free agent after this season. Just like in baseball wouldn't be wise to see what he would be worth in trade value? I mean Seahawks need one, Packers could try....Colts definitely could use someone like him. Just a thought. 

18 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Just a general comment. Not sure if any Bengals fans around here. With AJ Green set to return soon (most likely) and free agent after this season. Just like in baseball wouldn't be wise to see what he would be worth in trade value? I mean Seahawks need one, Packers could try....Colts definitely could use someone like him. Just a thought. 

No.  They will need him in the Super Bowl.  :coffee:

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If the Colts lose to this team at home the D coordinator needs to be fired with how this defense is playing.  I am so tired of watching him sit back in a zone and only sending 4 in pass rush.  Their D-line is not good enough to get pressure on the QB so he needs to bring extra pressure.

Colts D is sleep walking.

Archived