Why blow in LBJ's ear?

30 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

“I don’t regret it, but sometimes I look at it like, ‘Why did I do that? 

o.O

https://sports.yahoo.com/lance-stephenson-dont-regret-blowing-lebron-james-ear-010755239.html

I thought it was absolutely hilarious and I don't care why he did it.  I think most people figured out pretty quickly that he was just trying to screw with LeBron.  It also made for some comic alterations...

Lance-Stephenson-blowing-bubbles-400x400.jpg

3 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I thought it was absolutely hilarious and I don't care why he did it.  I think most people figured out pretty quickly that he was just trying to screw with LeBron.  It also made for some comic alterations...

Lance-Stephenson-blowing-bubbles-400x400.jpg

Oh for sure, I just got a kick out of his coming out now and saying "why did I do that?" Totally Lance

7 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I know you don't like Lance, but I'm curious if you liked Will Sheehey of the infamous "Mackey Flex"?

It was just not his antics but I felt he was very overrated as a player.  If you look at his stats from home games to away games you would see he usually never showed up on the road.  To me when a player needs the home crowd to get going you are not a really good player.  He could help you win games but to me he will lose you as much games than he helps you win.

57 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It was just not his antics but I felt he was very overrated as a player.  If you look at his stats from home games to away games you would see he usually never showed up on the road.  To me when a player needs the home crowd to get going you are not a really good player.  He could help you win games but to me he will lose you as much games than he helps you win.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/splits/_/id/4244/lance-stephenson

Maybe a little but I don't think it's as much as you think.  His road stats were off a little but that's not atypical among pro players.  Every once in awhile, you'll see a player like Rondo, who was actually better on the road than at home, but that's rare.  Lance scored 3 points less per game, but he also had fewer minutes.  I would say his road productivity is just a little lower than a typical NBA player, but I don't think it's enough to say he didn't show up.  It's natural for players to feed off the home crowd and perform a little better.  That's what the home court advantage is all about.

Lance is not an all-star, but he's good enough to fill a role on most teams.  I personally loved seeing him get a little chippy with LeBron.

EDIT: BTW, his previous season points road vs. home were identical.  He improved production both home and away but his improvement was much more significant at home, which is probably what you were seeing.

Archived