Trivia

rico

1 hour ago, Drroogh said:

McGuiness?

53 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Has to be George right? I'm just trying to think of anyone else with those big of numbers ever putting on the jersey. 

49 minutes ago, rico said:

Yeah, it has to be.

Yes, George McGinnis...

He only played the one year, but it was one fun year...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yes, George McGinnis...

He only played the one year, but it was one fun year...

I've always been curious why George doesn't get more run as IU legend. My guess because he was Moses Malone before Moses was a household name. My Dad graduated from Arlington in 65 range and Oscar was everything. Just never sure why George didn't the juice as well locally. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I've always been curious why George doesn't get more run as IU legend. My guess because he was Moses Malone before Moses was a household name. My Dad graduated from Arlington in 65 range and Oscar was everything. Just never sure why George didn't the juice as well locally. 

First time I saw George play or even heard of him was at the Indianapolis Semi-State in 1969. By the finals the next weekend, he was must see TV. 

We took the Martinsville Reporter as a newspaper, and 95% of the content was local stuff. Little league scores, the Artesians, stuff like that...they'd squeeze in the standings and scores of whatever pro league was in season, but I don't really even remember that much IU content, much less Indy high school coverage...small town papers being small town...

I guess if the Old Man had taken the Indy Star, I could have broadened my sports horizons...

25 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just read that article Sunday otherwise i would have no idea. No idea on number 2 unless it was Skoronski but from your response probably not. 

I don't know if I forgot or just never knew that Sean McVays Dad played for IU 

#2 was Terry Cole who played for Baltimore in Super Bowl III. Jets 16 Colts 7...

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A 2 part question.  Name the only 3 players to win the Heisman,  college national championship,  and Super Bowl. 

Joe Burrow would have been the 1st QB to have accomplished it. Who is the only other QB to have won the 1st two but not win the Super Bowl

Cam Newton has to be in this!

23 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

A 2 part question.  Name the only 3 players to win the Heisman,  college national championship,  and Super Bowl. 

Joe Burrow would have been the 1st QB to have accomplished it. Who is the only other QB to have won the 1st two but not win the Super Bowl

Charles Woodson is one of them. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I honestly am embarrassed to say this because I think he won the Heisman but Marcus Allen has to be one of the guys? I knew Woodson (already mentioned). Forgot about Tony D.