Crosstown Barber Shop

MrsStoller

31 minutes ago, MrsStoller said:

I never went here, but lived across the street from Crosstown as a freshman Teter quad resident. Thought if any of you had visited this place, you might enjoy this article. :)

https://www.idsnews.com/article/2018/10/crosstown-barber-shop-closes-doors-on-a-piece-of-bloomington-history

Terrible.  Frank was my barber for several years

Never went there as a student.  There was a barber shop a few doors down from the Von Lee on Kirkwood, and before you got to Nick's.  That's where I went. No appointments. Just walk in. Take a number, and wait for your number to be called.large.JPG?1311457575

Speaking of the Von Lee.... when it was a theater... I remember standing in line for the opening of "The Graduate." 

2 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Never went there as a student.  There was a barber shop a few doors down from the Von Lee on Kirkwood, and before you got to Nick's.  That's where I went. No appointments. Just walk in. Take a number, and wait for your number to be called.

Speaking of the Von Lee.... when it was a theater... I remember standing in line for the opening of "The Graduate." 

I saw Rain Man there. Such an iconic place!

Archived