NFL Talk

rico

2 minutes ago, rico said:

Fair enough.....but one question.  Are you taking into account the QB class that is in this draft?

Yep. But I for one think it's severely overrated. Rosen looks the part. Darnold should stay in school. Allen completed 55% of his passes vs WAC defenses? Jackson and Mayfield are wild cards. 

With Keenum, Jimmy G, JB, and few others doing what they did this year I think some GM's would rather take someone who has on the field proven results over the risk of the unknown. I'm not saying there won't be a run on qb's. There will. But I feel like some of these others I've mentioned will have good trade value. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

McDaniels to the Colts is done. Won't be announced until after New England's last game. 

I think he probably has a "handshake agreement" with the Colts to coach, but if I were a Colts fan I would still be slightly concerned that the Titans will try to lure him there. I thought I read he has some ties with personnel in that organization. Also, I just wouldn't trust McDaniels as a person...he reminds me too much of Lane Kiffin. 

If I were Ballard I wouldn't be in a big hurry to trade either quarterback. Even if Luck gets a clean bill of health, I am not confident that he will change his style of play and I am not confident that the Colts' line will improve enough to feel comfortable with the idea that Luck stays healthy for 16 games. 

JB traded and Luck goes down, then what?Scott Tolzein? Another retread? A rookie?

Keep JB and pay him well enough that he is not inclined to leave. Two of the final four teams this year are starting backup quarterbacks. Every team needs a quality backup 

4 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

I think he probably has a "handshake agreement" with the Colts to coach, but if I were a Colts fan I would still be slightly concerned that the Titans will try to lure him there. I thought I read he has some ties with personnel in that organization. Also, I just wouldn't trust McDaniels as a person...he reminds me too much of Lane Kiffin. 

It's at no risk of falling through. He is putting a staff together. 

10 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

You were actually excited? You must be new to that.

Ya I was excited.  I thought the Pats were gonna get beat in a play-off game(AFC championship no less) in Foxboro.  And somehow the Jags just let it slip away.

6 hours ago, rico said:

Ya I was excited.  I thought the Pats were gonna get beat in a play-off game(AFC championship no less) in Foxboro.  And somehow the Jags just let it slip away.

I used to get excited when the Pats were behind. Then they came back to win for like the 3,457th time and I just accepted it's what they do. They don't lose playoff games unless the opposing QB's last name is Manning or Flacco.

4 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I used to get excited when the Pats were behind. Then the came back to win for like the 3,457th time and I just accepted it's what they do. They don't lose playoff games unless the opposing QB's last name is Manning or Flacco.

The thing about the Pats is they never take their foot off the pedal and the Jags did.  

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

For Cousins it basically leaves him either Jets, Buffalo, Denver, Cardinals, and Cleveland. Can't see anyone else spending the $ unless something crazy happens.

Although I can't see it happening......Cleveland would be a great fit for him and the franchise.  They could then use those picks on other pieces.  

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

For Cousins it basically leaves him either Jets, Buffalo, Denver, Cardinals, and Cleveland. Can't see anyone else spending the $ unless something crazy happens.

guys on Sirius NFL Network were talking this morning and said how much sense it would make for the Vikings to sign him. They have most of the other pieces and not one of their 3 quarterbacks is under contract for next year.

34 minutes ago, Jerry Lundergaard said:

guys on Sirius NFL Network were talking this morning and said how much sense it would make for the Vikings to sign him. They have most of the other pieces and not one of their 3 quarterbacks is under contract for next year.

Ya know I thought about that.  I also thought about Jacksonville.

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Jacksonville I think is sticking with Bortles. I think Denver just makes so much sense for Cousins. Can see Arizona too but if I was a qb I'd love to have that defense. 

They might have been sticking with Bortles before Cousins got thrown on the market?  

Archived