Archie Miller presser 10/31

Indykev

Thanks Kev.  For some unexplained reason, I have never been able to get these videos to play for me. Maybe it has to do with my chat function which has been disabled for quite some time now.  I don't know if there is a connection or not.  Anyway.....

Not to steal your thunder.  But just in case there are others out there, like me,  here is the presser on You Tube. 

10.31.18 - Archie Miller Press Conference. - YouTube

Really liking what I saw from Archie in this press conference. He looks calm and relaxed and I didn't get that impression last szn. Sure, that's expected, but what I liked about it is that he's not stressed and that comes from belief that your team is capable of being able to meet personal expectations (which we couldn't last szn).

1 hour ago, ADegenerate said:

Really liking what I saw from Archie in this press conference. He looks calm and relaxed and I didn't get that impression last szn. Sure, that's expected, but what I liked about it is that he's not stressed and that comes from belief that your team is capable of being able to meet personal expectations (which we couldn't last szn).

He definitely seems confident in this team.  Encouraging to me was that he expects Davis to play 12-15 minutes tomorrow.  I wasn't expecting him to be ready until at least Christmas.

I know it’s really early to be worried about this but with Juwan and Zach gone next year and likely Romeo too...that will leave a big leader role open for this team...and even though we should be loaded with talent.. leadership is still huge as Archie mentioned about Juwan. Hoping Robert can learn that role as the year progresses.

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I know it’s really early to be worried about this but with Juwan and Zach gone next year and likely Romeo too...that will leave a big leader role open for this team...and even though we should be loaded with talent.. leadership is still huge as Archie mentioned about Juwan. Hoping Robert can learn that role as the year progresses.

I expect Smith and Hunter to be stars next season.  Add in TJD and hopefully Brooks to go along with Davis, Phinissee, Green, Al, Race and Forrester and that's a nice roster.

16 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I expect Smith and Hunter to be stars next season.  Add in TJD and hopefully Brooks to go along with Davis, Phinissee, Green, Al, Race and Forrester and that's a nice roster.

Oh I’m big on the Hunter being a star but there is a difference between a star and a leader. I’m hoping Robert and maybe AL steps into that role next year...because I’m not sure we have an upper class man on the roster that can be THAT leader like Juwan is.

You can really see the defensive maturity from last year. Last year was a struggle from the start of the year. Now they look much more comfortable compared to last. Even the freshman we have this year seem more adjusted given that fact they have upperclassmen to help them learn. Offensively we are still a work in progress but you can't deny the improvement. Six guys in double digits is a great sign. Romeo I think will struggle at times early part of the year. Sometimes he may have trouble finding his offensive rythm but I liked his defense. I think he will grow alot through out the year. For me major concerns I have are the growth of the other players we didn't get to see. Also I'm still concerned about perimeter exposure against a team that shoots outside well like Michigan. I hope Archie is willing to adjust in those situations and maybe run a normal man to man.

Archived