Maryland Game Thread

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I predicted 0-3 to end the season.  So I'm off by 1.  MD gave this game to IU on a silver platter.  It took 4 TO's and a missed FG to produce the loss for MD.  I guess I don't see anything here today to be all that optimistic about.

EDIT:

I'm retracting my last point.  PR has shown in the Minny and UM game today that he can throw the ball at least in the 40yd range.  Too bad DeBord hasn't understood that much this season.

1 minute ago, FWIUFan said:

I predicted 0-3 to end the season.  So I'm off by 1.  MD gave this game to IU on a silver platter.  It took 4 TO's and a missed FG to produce the loss for MD.  I guess I don't see anything here today to be all that optimistic about.

When does IU ever win convincingly? A win's a win for this team. This is not a very good team, so I'll take any and all wins. 

16 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Why are they playing fast? In fg range. Run the clock to not give them time 

At the time, that came off as if they wanted a penalty to get the auto 1st down after that first carry. Nobody was caught off guard so that sure wasn't it. I thought that ( 1:20, 1:40, whatever it was they left the Twerps to work with)was ballgame, honestly. 

As bad as that offensive series and allowing UMD to subsequently cross midfield looked, Allen wanted a big play defense that would step up and they eventually did.

Fair to look at the negative and the positives as one sum, but the game has finer points than that and with this team inconsistent is the only blanket statement that sums them up.

However at the end of the day, as with games themselves, in a given season a team is either in position to have a winning year or it isn't.

2 games left to earn a 3rd opportunity with extra reps of practice on top. It could be worse. Maryland closes with Ohio State and Penn State in needing their own win #6. 

Style and IU wins in football aren't a certainty ever so I'll take them  however we can. I'll repeat what others have said. Bucket game will be big obviously. Hopefully the fans who are in area can make it. I said this in September....sucks that the Big 10 would schedule this game when students are gone. 

Archived