MSU highlights - Fish on the call

7 minutes ago, SIHoosier26 said:

What about the Jay Williams arrogance when picking MSU? Definitely still bitter about 2002, not to mention the Izzo lovefest from Bilas.

They suck, but you know those dukies were paid by ESPN, maybe trying to hype up the MSU fans in Breslin. In other words, they're professional clowns. If IU has a real good team in the future and ESPN does a college game day at IU, these professional clowns will do the same thing for IU. 

You think Williams was bad ? He didn't even attend IU.  Wait till Thursday, when we get to hear what Dakich has to say about IU.   Of course, knowing how Dakich changes all the time, and considering IU's win over MSU.... he might, and I stress might have something good to say about IU, and Archie.  Regardless... never believe anything Dakich has to say about IU... good or bad.  He's just in it for the ratings. 

11 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

You think Williams was bad ? He didn't even attend IU.  Wait till Thursday, when we get to hear what Dakich has to say about IU.   Of course, knowing how Dakich changes all the time, and considering IU's win over MSU.... he might, and I stress might have something good to say about IU, and Archie.  Regardless... never believe anything Dakich has to say about IU... good or bad.  He's just in it for the ratings. 

Dakich is an intellectual fraud.  I hope he reads this forum and gets a good understanding about how reviled he is among Hoosier Nation's members.  As far as I'm concerned, Purdue can have him.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Dakich is an intellectual fraud.  I hope he reads this forum and gets a good understanding about how reviled he is among Hoosier Nation's members.  As far as I'm concerned, Purdue can have him.

IU fans should welcome Dakich to Assembly Hall by giving him the one finger salute. I know Dakich has seen it before.  However, Thursday night should be an overwhelming show of what IU fans really think of him.  Maybe then, and only then ESPN will stop having him doing IU games. 

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

IU fans should welcome Dakich to Assembly Hall by giving him the one finger salute. I know Dakich has seen it before.  However, Thursday night should be an overwhelming show of what IU fans really think of him.  Maybe then, and only then ESPN will stop having him doing IU games. 

Then we get to hear "how no one eats their own like IU", innoculating himself from his own drivel.  That is of course if we listen to him after such an occasion.

On 2/5/2019 at 3:59 AM, milehiiu said:

I'll be there Thursday night. I will gladly salute him.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:35 AM, Bob said:

I’ve never listen to the Dakich show. I have read things he has said over the years. He just comes off bitter he never got the IU job after KS. I am sure he know the game . I just think not getting the IU job and then his son not playing at IU just added to his anger! 

He was bitter about not getting the job after Kelvin. Now he's mad because Archie was another hire who wasn't an Indiana guy. My thing is like most here you need a track record of success IU guy or not. Dan's logic doesn't follow. He trashed Crean at times but yet thought he shouldnt have been fired. Then when he does get fired he wants Alford whose track record is no better. Sure understanding Indiana and having an IU connection is a plus but it's negated if you can't coach. Also never in the time Crean was here did he trash him like he has Archie recently. A guy who hasn't been here a full two years. How does that help him or school moving forward? Dan is only out for him. Whether its his butthurt ego or to generate ratings.

Let me get this straight among my friends here on the greatest IU fanboard.... Hoosier Sports Nation.

Was a time way back to the Scout days, jeez, ten years back.... I was a staunch supporter of Dak.  In the face of criticism.  My uncle was his godfather.  And I got to know and respect the heck out of him as a result of the connection.  Respect for turning down the West Virginia gig, after accepting it, and then finding out about what a cheating program they promoted. Takes a set of you know what,  to go from Bowling Green only to turn down a gig at  West Virginia.  Or maybe call it stupidity instead.  Anyway, he did it on principle.  Good for him. 

And then.... to challenge Kelvin Sampson..... when all the failed drug tests came in... and Sampson just was glad the kids came back from Chicago, and wanted to do nothing about it.  The reason there were suspensions, over drug use, was not because of Sampson, but because Dak forced Sampson's hands. 

And then.... having the you know, what to throw kids off the team, not only for the drug use.... but racking up 19 F's in a semester, while failing to show up for classes.

All good for him.

I became a daily listener, over the internet, because of all of that.  However, over time, I tired of his abuse of fans who he differed with. Calling them names and hanging up on them. So I quit listening to him. 

Some say they like how he does color on ESPN.  I find it disgusting. The constant negativity.  "So and so, should....  If they continue like this, they will... "  Always a negative bent.

And then lately the attacks on IU and the coaching staff.

So... I spend a good time on You Tube on Roku and Hulu.  Because of that, a lot of IU stuff comes up on recommendation.

And tying this into the thread title.  A podcast Dak did with Fish on Monday shows up.  I say to myself... "Geez, but since it is Fish, give it a listen."   And low and behold.... Dak is saying nice things about IU and IU's coaching staff.  And I wonder to myself, where was that before the January swoon ?  Was it because he had Fish on, and did not want to alienate him as he has done with Archie, and WIlson in the past.  Or, just maybe.... is it because Dak has the game coming up in Assembly Hall on Thursday.

Dak may say good things about IU on Thursday.  But donuts to a dollar.... it won't continue.  It's just not the way he goes.  

1 hour ago, HoosierMatty said:

Also never in the time Crean was here did he trash him like he has Archie recently. A guy who hasn't been here a full two years. How does that help him or school moving forward? Dan is only out for him. Whether its his butthurt ego or to generate ratings.

The way he's gone after Archie is embarrassing. Archie is a good coach with a solid track record and is respected in the industry as one of the top young coaches. While it baffles my mind, I can understand that Dakich is upset that Alford didn't get a look at the job, but the way he's gone after Archie is unprofessional. 

Dakich has always been a weird guy. He'll say so much (and apparently do so much) that is considered right/logical, and then just be totally illogical about 5% of the time. I guess the obvious answer is driving ratings, but I don't know if that's a great route to take. Me personally, I never will listen to his radio show or really enjoy the guy because of his "5% issues".

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

The way he's gone after Archie is embarrassing. Archie is a good coach with a solid track record and is respected in the industry as one of the top young coaches. While it baffles my mind, I can understand that Dakich is upset that Alford didn't get a look at the job, but the way he's gone after Archie is unprofessional. 

That was kind of my tipping point, frankly...the way he beat on this coach and this team while they were struggling made me more than a little angry and yes, calling Archie out publicly like he did (literally saying he was a bad coach) was just beyond the pale.  We've surely seen the last of Archie Miller on his show after that.  If Dakich was half the analyst he thinks he is, he'd know why Alford wasn't given a shot.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

That was kind of my tipping point, frankly...the way he beat on this coach and this team while they were struggling made me more than a little angry and yes, calling Archie out publicly like he did (literally saying he was a bad coach) was just beyond the pale.  We've surely seen the last of Archie Miller on his show after that.  If Dakich was half the analyst he thinks he is, he'd know why Alford wasn't given a shot.

Tipping point for sure. It's always easy to beat a dog when the dog  is down.  Dak is an expert at that. Where was he, when we needed him ?  Now that IU came back by beating MSU..... on the road, no less !.... I doubt that Dak will be throwing shade on Archie during Thursday's game.  Which proves how duplicitous Dak... a former player and graduate of IU.... has been ever since getting into the broadcast business.

Hey Dak..... supporting your alma mater can get ratings too.  And fan support from IU fans as well.  Perhaps Jay Bilas should be your guide.  Unfortunately it's too late for that. Dak... you've chosen your bed.  Now it's time to sleep  in it.  

Archived