NBA Thread

45 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm still trying to figure out how what should have been an offensive foul on Tatum ends up being a jump ball. That was just hilariously awful officiating. 

I don't know, it was a bad call. I'll take it though, because Butler got away with an equally as bad pushoff earlier in the game that Miami scored on. 

Tatum has to watch that though, he does that 3-4 times a game and gets called for it a lot. 

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

Being up 5 with under a minute to go and losing Game 1 is going to haunt the Celtics. 

Tough loss and not looking good for my C’s. 

- Kemba is a massive liability defensively. 

- Way too many 3’s, when they won last game by passing up 3’s and attacking the basket. 

- Over 20 turnovers was the difference. 

- While he bounced back in a big way in the second half, you can’t have your best player go 0’fer in the first half. 

- Tyler Herro is going to be a star in the NBA. Ugh, and that’s who Ainge wanted at #14 and Miami took him at #13. 

Pregame showed Stevens talking to the team. Paraphrasing what he said, they need to attack the basket. They're at their best when they attack the basket. Don't stop attacking the basket. 

12 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I'm still trying to figure out how what should have been an offensive foul on Tatum ends up being a jump ball. That was just hilariously awful officiating. 

It was a good call, but a bad rule. They need to adjust some of the review rules for next year, but overall I think the coaches challenge has been a good thing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cybergates said:

Reminds me of Rex Chapman. Even similar looks and both went to fUK.

Best Rex Chapman GIFs | Gfycat

Rex Chapman Rex Kentucky GIF - RexChapmanRex Rex Chapman - Discover & Share  GIFs

I think he's going to be a much better NBA player than Chapman was. Seriously, watching him last night the player that most came to mind was Steph Curry. 

Not saying he's going to be an MVP, but Herro has a chance to be a year in and year out All-Star at some point soon. 

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Lakers up 3-1 in the series and Nuggets had than right where they want them LOL! See if they can come back from the deficit for a third time.

Mrs. mile does not follow the NBA.  Yet... when she heard  on the local news that the Nuggies were down 3-1....  again. She said : "We've got them right where we want them."

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Celtics have to be frustrated with how their challenge turned out. 

Kemba apparently fouls Butler with his chin. They let the foul stand, inexplicably, but said the shot doesn't count. And somehow Boston lost the challenge even though they took point off of the board. 

That was awful. Honestly, I was stunned at the initial call on Kemba, then when Brad challenged I was like “ok, no chance this doesn’t get overturned.”

It was so blatantly a foul on Butler, like not even close. Seriously, how can 3refs review that and get it so glaringly wrong?

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

That was awful. Honestly, I was stunned at the initial call on Kemba, then when Brad challenged I was like “ok, no chance this doesn’t get overturned.”

It was so blatantly a foul on Butler, like not even close. Seriously, how can 3refs review that and get it so glaringly wrong?

I have no idea, it was terrible. 

The Celts need to play better, but the refs are starting to turn into a factor in this game too. 

• Like 1

I know I complained a lot about the refs in the Toronto series, but I haven’t at all this series. Tonight? These refs suck. While Boston has taken a lot of 3’s, Tatum and Brown have also attacked a lot and they’re getting zero calls, and they are getting fouled. Yet on the other end Miami is getting everything. 

Tatum should have 6 more free throw attempts than he does. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I have no idea, it was terrible. 

The Celts need to play better, but the refs are starting to turn into a factor in this game too. 

Agree on both. Tatum got fouled going to the basket in the last minute, no call. Then Crowder gets a similar call immediately on the other end. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

I know I complained a lot about the refs in the Toronto series, but I haven’t at all this series. Tonight? These refs suck. While Boston has taken a lot of 3’s, Tatum and Brown have also attacked a lot and they’re getting zero calls, and they are getting fouled. Yet on the other end Miami is getting everything. 

Tatum should have 6 more free throw attempts than he does. 

Up until this game this series has been mostly good officiating, but this has been rough. I really hope we get an even whistle in the second half. 

After almost two series of getting out coached Stevens finally makes some defensive changes and it has a huge impact. Celtics started pressuring the ball up top and stopped switching screens, making it more difficult for Miami to seek out mismatches of the switches.

They started forcing turnovers and bad decisions by Miami which resulted in 3-4 fast break, easy buckets, and now they finally have some offensive rhythm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

After almost two series of getting out coached Stevens finally makes some defensive changes and it has a huge impact. Celtics started pressuring the ball up top and stopped switching screens, making it more difficult for Miami to seek out mismatches of the switches.

They started forcing turnovers and bad decisions by Miami which resulted in 3-4 fast break, easy buckets, and now they finally have some offensive rhythm. 

Someone would just say they made “adjustments” 😁 - great explanation, and that’s how a series can change. Now we’ll see what Spoel does 

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Someone would just say they made “adjustments” 😁 - great explanation, and that’s how a series can change. Now we’ll see what Spoel does 

Haha, I purposely didn’t use the word “adjustments” because I hate when fans default to that every time their team loses. 

• Haha 1