NBA Thread

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/buddy-hield-trade-rumors-pacers-exploring-new-destinations-for-veteran-wing-per-report/

Looks like the Pacers are looking to trade Buddy Hield. Could not come to an agreement on an extension. Also I doubt he liked that he probably wasn't going to start this year. The Pacers has a lot of depth and was going to be hard to find playing time for everyone.

25 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/buddy-hield-trade-rumors-pacers-exploring-new-destinations-for-veteran-wing-per-report/

Looks like the Pacers are looking to trade Buddy Hield. Could not come to an agreement on an extension. Also I doubt he liked that he probably wasn't going to start this year. The Pacers has a lot of depth and was going to be hard to find playing time for everyone.

We'll give you Brogdon back for him 🤣

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/09/pacers-to-seek-buddy-hield-trade-after-extension-talks-fizzle.html

Check the comments.

• Haha 1

Not sure why we didn’t do this before the draft…that said move him now while his value is still high. People remember how great his shooting is but forget about his defense. Would love to get a young developing guy for him. Someone that fits our timeline. This would allow us to get into the Lillard or Harden trade talks as a third team. That said I think OKC would be a perfect partner. They are ready to start ramping up and competing with their young guys and will need a few professional vets to help and especially shooting….they have a million draft picks they could throw in and make it work. Problem will be if we want to replace him with another vet on a longer contract I will be mad…let’s make a commitment to this total rebuild…half @ss won’t do us any good.

6 hours ago, BGleas said:

^^^ Interested to see how Lillard responds here. I know he wants to be in Miami, but you can't also say you're about winning and try and turn down playing with Giannis. 

Edit: Feel terrible for Jrue Holiday. 

It’s the right move for all sides. Portland gets nice assets, Dame plays with championship caliber team, Suns get depth, Holiday will get moved again I’m sure so he will be fine. Besides…he has a championship and that Milwaukee team was spinning its wheels…it needed a refresh.

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

So lame from Jimmy Butler. 

Entitlement in NBA is so lame..Miami fans down here are so butt hurt…I hate that Milwaukee got him but honestly this was about as good a move for everyone involved…just glad he didn’t force them into sending him where he wanted…but found a team Dame can’t complain about being sent to. 

Crazy…basically a top 5 player in the league gets traded in a mega 3 team deal and it’s basically crickets everywhere (maybe it’s because who he went to since it isn’t a major market) but it’s basically made a small ripple in the sports media world….and all we can hear about is Dak Prescott is going to crash and burn the Cowboys and the Jets still haven’t made a move for qb….kinda goes to show how different the level of interest from NBA to NFL. Not saying the NBA is doing awful but man it’s crazy how big NFL has become.