A Look Back at Juwan Morgan's Career

I've said it in other threads, but it's ironic that the two members of IU's triple double club (Steve Downing and Juwan) have gone/will likely go down as two of the more underrated/underappreciated players in IU history.  Which is a shame, because they both could both hang with the best of them. 

30 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I've said it in other threads, but it's ironic that the two members of IU's triple double club (Steve Downing and Juwan) have gone/will likely go down as two of the more underrated/underappreciated players in IU history.  Which is a shame, because they both could both hang with the best of them. 

Is Juwan underrated? I don’t really think he is.

18 minutes ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Not far.  He is just 28 behind Brian Evans who sits at 10th with 750.  He could easily get there in three games which seems like the minimum that they will play.

How high could he climb? Let's assume 6 more games. 

I came back for a game two years ago, towards the end of the season when everything was kind of unraveling and it was looking more and more like Crean wasn't going to be back. I can't remember who we played, but we lost. Met some friends at Mo Bears after the game, and as I was leaving, I saw Juwan outside behind the restaurant. He looked exhausted. He could have easily transferred after that season - he's losing his coach, he's got two years left, and he was staring a program rebuild right in the face. Instead, he stayed, and is a big key in this program being on the verge of being back to where we belong.

Since the first point he stepped on the floor as a freshman until he steps off it for the last time, Juwan's effort has never been in question. He's also handled himself with grace and class both on and off the court, and it's been a pleasure watching him in the candy stripes. 

2 hours ago, AxnJxn said:

I came back for a game two years ago, towards the end of the season when everything was kind of unraveling and it was looking more and more like Crean wasn't going to be back. I can't remember who we played, but we lost. Met some friends at Mo Bears after the game, and as I was leaving, I saw Juwan outside behind the restaurant. He looked exhausted. He could have easily transferred after that season - he's losing his coach, he's got two years left, and he was staring a program rebuild right in the face. Instead, he stayed, and is a big key in this program being on the verge of being back to where we belong.

Since the first point he stepped on the floor as a freshman until he steps off it for the last time, Juwan's effort has never been in question. He's also handled himself with grace and class both on and off the court, and it's been a pleasure watching him in the candy stripes. 

Great post. Juwan is a Hoosier for life.

17 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Very nice piece and a fully appropriate honoring of JW13 

He is also a shining example of what a hard working player can accomplish over a 4-year college career.

From frosh averages of 2.4 points, 2.1 boards and .4 blocks, .3 steals per game, to 16.5 ppg, 7.4 boards, 1.4 blocks and 1.2 steals and  58% FG percentage. 

I will miss his game when he graduates -- but it's not over yet!

Well , Morgan is gonna go down as  one of my favorite players along with Victor in the last 10-15 years. players that just worked hard, improved , and ended being great men both on and off the court. Give me a Juwan every year and I will be a happy camper.

Archived