All-Big Ten Teams Revealed

KDB

While I agree that Juwan was the leader and the heart and soul of our team, I can see how this happened.

In the second half of the B1G season, crunch time if you will, Juwan had the following games--

MSU--5 points the first game, 7 the second

OSU--3 points

Purdue-- 9 points

Wisconsin-- 9 points

I realize he had larger impacts than just scoring, but I bet these games, especially the games against the two teams that tied for the conference title, impacted voters.

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

While I agree that Juwan was the leader and the heart and soul of our team, I can see how this happened.

In the second half of the B1G season, crunch time if you will, Juwan had the following games--

MSU--5 points the first game, 7 the second

OSU--3 points

Purdue-- 9 points

Wisconsin-- 9 points

I realize he had larger impacts than just scoring, but I bet these games, especially the games against the two teams that tied for the conference title, impacted voters.

Right there with you. As good as Juwan and Romeo were for the team this season, there were games where, quite honestly, they disappointed. If not for others, certainly for me.

With over half a century of watching IU All-Americans and Big Ten Players of the year, I feel it is safe to say, that neither Juwan or Romeo came close to those IU players that earned those honors in years past.

Not a knock on either player.  Just that neither rose to the level of others that proceeded them.  Now.... gonna say again.  If Romeo feels satisfied with what he accomplished in Candy Stripes this season then it is time for him to move on.  However, if he is the kind of competitor many said he was coming into the season, then IMHO, he should stay. at least one more season, and right the wrong, many feel has just been thrust his way.

50 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Right there with you. As good as Juwan and Romeo were for the team this season, there were games where, quite honestly, they disappointed. If not for others, certainly for me.

With over half a decade of watching IU All-Americans and Big Ten Players of the year, I feel it is safe to say, that neither Juwan or Romeo came close to those IU players that earned those honors in years past.

Not a knock on either player.  Just that neither rose to the level of others that proceeded them.  Now.... gonna say again.  If Romeo feels satisfied with what he accomplished in Candy Stripes this season then it is time for him to move on.  However, if he is the kind of competitor many said he was coming into the season, then IMHO, he should stay. at least one more season, and right the wrong, many feel has just been thrust his way.

Half a decade?  Don't you mean half a century?

Just now, milehiiu said:

How time flies.  LOL

Oops my bad.  Thanks for catching that.  I have edited a correction, thanks to you.  'preciate it and all you do for HSN. 

"Young man", that original post made me spit up coffee!  I was thinking..."He has been watching IU for a whopping 5 years."  LOL  It is all good, gave me my first laugh of the day..

9 minutes ago, rico said:

"Young man", that original post made me spit up coffee!  I was thinking..."He has been watching IU for a whopping 5 years."  LOL  It is all good, gave me my first laugh of the day..

I am glad I could help.  Never forget what Valvano said : "Laugh every day. "

Archived