Just wow.

jblaz13

Really, really sad. Horses are magnificent animals.  I was aware of the situation. But not the continuation.  Thanks for the update.  Thought this had come to an end. They've got to get this corrected, or the State has to close them down for good. 

12 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Really, really sad. Horses are magnificent animals.  I was aware of the situation. But not the continuation.  Thanks for the update.  Thought this had come to an end. They've got to get this corrected, or the State has to close them down for good. 

It is a corrupt sport...

1 minute ago, rico said:

It is a corrupt sport...

Can't argue the point. I was a small boy who went with my parents to Washington Park in Illinois for the horse races.  Maybe two or three times a year.  To this day, I recall a long shot, coming down the stretch. The horse was not supposed to win.  Trainers told my dad who was to win, before the race.  And the rider of the long shot... stood up in the saddle... pulling back on the reigns, in order for the favored horse to pass him and win the race.  My dad won.... but it was not fair. 

17 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Can't argue the point. I was a small boy who went with my parents to Washington Park in Illinois for the horse races.  Maybe two or three times a year.  To this day, I recall a long shot, coming down the stretch. The horse was not supposed to win.  Trainers told my dad who was to win, before the race.  And the rider of the long shot... stood up in the saddle... pulling back on the reigns, in order for the favored horse to pass him and win the race.  My dad won.... but it was not fair. 

Meh, steroids started in horse racing.

On 3/14/2019 at 9:40 PM, milehiiu said:

Really, really sad. Horses are magnificent animals. 

If anyone is ever around St. Louis, the Budweiser clydesdales at Grant's Farm are a must see.  Such powerful yet graceful creatures. It's easy to underestimate just how large they are.

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

If anyone is ever around St. Louis, the Budweiser clydesdales at Grant's Farm are a must see.  Such powerful yet graceful creatures. It's easy to underestimate just how large they are.

Magnificent animals. And the Bud Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado has a team of Clydes, as well.  They have made many appearances throughout the Centennial State, including the Festival of Lights at Christmas time in Denver.  As well as celebrating the Denver Nuggets at the Pepsi Center, this past January :

Budweiser Clydesdales Visit the Pepsi Center 

So, if you are ever in Fort Collins, Colorado, stop by the Bud Brewery for a fantastic tour, and check out these magnificent animals. 

Archived