Oh What A Night !

milehiiu

And it WAS back in December of '63 for me.  And I do remember her name. As she was my best friends GF at the time. What a lady, and what a night ! Sadly she passed a year ago. But I remember that night to this day.

Oh what a night 

Any other HSN members care to share a night they will never forget ?  No names.  Just memories. 

13 hours ago, milehiiu said:

And it WAS back in December of '63 for me.  And I do remember her name. As she was my best friends GF at the time. What a lady, and what a night ! Sadly she passed a year ago. But I remember that night to this day.

Oh what a night 

Any other HSN members care to share a night they will never forget ?  No names.  Just memories. 

Mile, the real question is if she remembered your name? lol

13 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Mile, the real question is if she remembered your name? lol

She eventually moved to New York City.  Where she became very successful. My good friend at the time, who still is my good friend, after living in China, and then Guam for a number of years.... ironically married a lady from New York that he met while in Guam.  She eventually, worked her way into a national directorship of a U.S. Agency in Washington D.C. My friend and his wife live in the State of New York. Good friends with Lance Armstrong.   But that's another story for another time. 

But, to answer your question.  My friend met with her (the Oh, What a NIght Lady) numerous times in New York before her passing.  And he would say that she often asked him about me.... knowing he and I were still friends.  LOL  I know I never told him about her, and that night. Can't say the same for what she may or may not have told him about that night.  But... it's all good.  Just one night.  And Oh, What a Night !

Care to share any stories ?  You are a great friend as well.  And I promise not to tell.  

2 hours ago, milehiiu said:

She eventually moved to New York City.  Where she became very successful. My good friend at the time, who still is my good friend, after living in China, and then Guam for a number of years.... ironically married a lady from New York that he met while in Guam.  She eventually, worked her way into a national directorship of a U.S. Agency in Washington D.C. My friend and his wife live in the State of New York. Good friends with Lance Armstrong.   But that's another story for another time. 

But, to answer your question.  My friend met with her (the Oh, What a NIght Lady) numerous times in New York before her passing.  And he would say that she often asked him about me.... knowing he and I were still friends.  LOL  I know I never told him about her, and that night. Can't say the same for what she may or may not have told him about that night.  But... it's all good.  Just one night.  And Oh, What a Night !

Care to share any stories ?  You are a great friend as well.  And I promise not to tell.  

Mile,

I am too old to remember what happened in the back seat of those old drive inn movie theaters. LOL

20 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Mile,

I am too old to remember what happened in the back seat of those old drive inn movie theaters. LOL

Well with out getting into too much detail.  We did not have time to get into the back seat.  Before the age of bucket seats.  And heck, I am nearly twice your age... and I still remember.  Many things happen in a person's life.  It is interesting what stays with you, and what does not. This one stayed with me my whole life.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Well with out getting into too much detail.  We did not have time to get into the back seat.  Before the age of bucket seats.  And heck, I am nearly twice your age... and I still remember.  Many things happen in a person's life.  It is interesting what stays with you, and what does not. This one stayed with me my whole life.

So you are 130 years old? LOL

60.buick-invicta-Q.jpg

17 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I've probably owned sofas that have been smaller than the front bench seats of some 1960s Buicks. 

You have got that right. A '60 Invicta pictured here.  The Buicks only got bigger from there. 

Funny, not ha ha.... but memory.  I had three uncles growing up. All were G.M. men. One only bought Chev's.  One only Buicks.  One did Pontiacs, but then switched over to Caddy's. He lent me his '60 Caddy for two weeks when I was still in high school, when he went to Vegas. THAT was a big front seat...no buckets. And my dad, was the Oldsmobile man... after switching over from a Chev.

I owned a 66 Buick Riveria.... no Bucket seat.

Oh it was my Dad's '62 Oldsmobile  on that Oh What a NIght. 

Archived