March Madness thread

rico

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So happy with everything about tonight's game.  Team performances, coaching with sets, counters, and more tweaks.  It was a heavyweight bout going the distance.  I even found the officiating to be applauded.  Sure, I wanted the ACC to lose and Chris Beard to win.  Despite that, Kyle Guy got a championship and seeing the tremendous weight off of Tony Bennett's shoulders....  I have only seen a few championship games as well played.  Truly enjoyable.

13 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

^exactly. How do they not show us a replay? I’m sick over all of this. Unbelievable 

Virginia still had to go out and win the games, so credit to them, but they definitely got a lot of help from the refs to get there.  I always wonder if the NCAA explicitly directs the refs to give the benefit of the doubt to the team with the best “narrative.”  I feel like they probably do.

1 minute ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Virginia still had to go out and win the games, so credit to them, but they definitely got a lot of help from the refs to get there.  I always wonder if the NCAA explicitly directs the refs to give the benefit of the doubt to the team with the best “narrative.”  I feel like they probably do.

There is no way in the world that would stay quiet if all the refs were told to give one team the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand.....the refs have kept quiet about the ear pieces they wear so they can hear their instructions from coach K.

Props to UVA. No team has ever won a title without breaks. 

I hope we can all see the benefits of dedication to a disciplined system and having veteran players who understand that system. Not just in Virginia, but all four teams in the Final Four. 

I'm tired of bad calls and really tired of discussing them. Virginia received multiple again. Regarding game. End of regulation 3. Can't believe he was A) that wide open and B) Beard didn't foul. What happened to Purdue is the exception but the %'s back up fouling there....of course that's if the officials would have called. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

So, was that Virginia team better than 4 out of 5 of IU's Championship teams?

ESPN seems to think so.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26448643/where-does-virginia-rank-all-national-championship-teams

Debate.

They need mandatory drug testing at ESPN.  I don't want to take anything away from this Virginia team, but they barely scraped through the field.  For example, our 1981 team pounded everybody on the way to the championship and then beat a good UNC team  in the final.  Virginia has no one on their team even close to I. Thomas. 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

So, was that Virginia team better than 4 out of 5 of IU's Championship teams?

ESPN seems to think so.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26448643/where-does-virginia-rank-all-national-championship-teams

Debate.

If they want to say UVA was better than 40 or 53, fine. They're not better than 76. They're not better than 81. 87 is a pretty good comparison, call that one even.

30 minutes ago, slojoe said:

They need mandatory drug testing at ESPN.  I don't want to take anything away from this Virginia team, but they barely scraped through the field.  For example, our 1981 team pounded everybody on the way to the championship and then beat a good UNC team  in the final.  Virginia has no one on their team even close to I. Thomas. 

Nobody close to Turner either.

12 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Lol... Just turned the game on, and we’ve got 4 points through 4 minutes.  These teams really are terrible to watch.

Guess some of you spoke to soon because that was a great final.  Yes I am just going through this thread right now so I have not read any post after this post I an responding to.

Archived