Two thoughts for tuesday

2 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Because it embraces the drinking culture at Nicks I would disagree.  Also why the university would want to avoid it.

Guarantee it that if I ask all my friends that have gone to Nick's, none of them would say that they even knew the buffalo was the mascot of it

Bringing back the Bison could be a big deal, depending on how it is marketed.

I mean, who is this for? Little kids (future Hoosiers) would love it. Alumni (boosters/donors) probably would if the Bison made appearances at Alumni Club events, etc.

Current students--maybe, but it would take some time. I lived in Wisconsin, and Bucky Badger is all over everywhere. Wherever the university can get a product endorsement, the logo is evident. I have seen semis driving up and down I-69 with Badger Trucking mudflaps and the Bucky logo on them. Everything from cheese curds to condoms ( the university put a quash on that quickly, though) at one time or another have had the Bucky Badger logo on them.

Overnight, probably not going to have an impact on the current students. If the logo becomes entrenched in the state, however, it can become beloved by residents and something that future students would come to expect to be part of their university experience.

19 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Mascots are the epitome of stupidity.  Just one older "get off my lawn" guy's opinion.

Well, at minimum, it might get people to stop asking me what a Hoosier is, or if they do, I can just tell them it's a bison.

1 hour ago, ChiHoosier said:

Guarantee it that if I ask all my friends that have gone to Nick's, none of them would say that they even knew the buffalo was the mascot of it

They must not go to Nicks much.  As a former expert sink the Biz player it’s all over the place including most of the glasses you drink from and the menu.  Heck I just went their the other day and it’s right on every mason jar beer glass.

1 hour ago, iuthruandthru said:

They must not go to Nicks much.  As a former expert sink the Biz player it’s all over the place including most of the glasses you drink from and the menu.  Heck I just went their the other day and it’s right on every mason jar beer glass.

By the time I would get to Nick's I was lucky to be able to see the bucket let alone the mascot on it

11 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Might have been cant quite seem to remember. Oh to be young and dumb again...

Now just dumb!!

LOL.......relax, I was probably right there with ya a time or 20.  Who am I kidding...I still do it.  Except now I can handle the alcohol better.

1 hour ago, rico said:

LOL.......relax, I was probably right there with ya a time or 20.  Who am I kidding...I still do it.  Except now I can handle the alcohol better.

Sadly I would tell you my last year at IU I had an alcohol tolerance I could only hope to ever reach again now or in the future lol.

Archived