Recruits

OLDIUFAN

1 minute ago, Rev_AK said:

Regardless of who takes the blame, I think other coaches were definitely able to use this past season, and it’s fallout;  Romeo falling down the draft boards, the losing streak, the transfers, and missing the tournament all as negative recruiting talking points. Archie doesn’t have the benefit of a losing season, especially when momentum was so fragile. Whether I like it or not, year 3 is going to be a barometer of Archie’s future. The sooner the 18-19 debacle can be put to sleep, the better

Year 3, has always been the year. Would have been for whoever was the coach. I think he has built a solid foundation and the class we have coming in is pretty good. 

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

Year 3, has always been the year. Would have been for whoever was the coach. I think he has built a solid foundation and the class we have coming in is pretty good. 

Those are the things we have for optimism.  The flip side is losing the 2 best players from a bad team.  For some reason, I do believe something turns next year.  No more being undersized and undermanned down low.  That's a pillar to build with.  Kind of experienced backcourt, that I would still like to see improve.   And I still believe Justin Smith has major upside.  It's there for the taking.  How hungry are you Justin Smith?

9 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Those are the things we have for optimism.  The flip side is losing the 2 best players from a bad team.  For some reason, I do believe something turns next year.  No more being undersized and undermanned down low.  That's a pillar to build with.  Kind of experienced backcourt, that I would still like to see improve.   And I still believe Justin Smith has major upside.  It's there for the taking.  How hungry are you Justin Smith?

Really hope so. Coach must have plenty of faith in the Justin Smith the kid/player because from what I saw on the court a few times (lack of effort, lack of interest) he'd have a permanent seat occupying Priller's role from a couple years ago. 

Archived