Duke is investigating if Nike paid Zion’s mother

7 hours ago, IU878176 said:

I could write the report with my eyes closed.  

Zion’s mom, to avoid perjury due to documents that have surfaced, admits to making a poor decision and accepting “consulting” money. She swears, however, that Zion knew nothing about it and Coach K is beyond shocked that Nike and cash would somehow be commingled.

Cam Newton 2.0

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no way whatsoever that the shoe companies are making, or have made, payments to the families of recruits. For starters, the shoe executives are reputable businessmen and would not, in even the slightest chance, break any laws.  And, the players know that money is just around the corner when they go pro, and there is no way they would jeopardize their eligibility and the integrity of their school by taking funds.  And, in the very remote chance that some distant relative of the player makes an attempt to benefit financially, I'm almost certain the the head coach of the team would step in an put an immediate stop to anything that looks remotely like an illegal payment. 

You guys are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists.  Heck, you guys probably want all of Phil Knight's grandchildren to be declared permanently ineligible if they receive a pair of shoes for Christmas..  

:coffee:

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There is no way whatsoever that the shoe companies are making, or have made, payments to the families of recruits. For starters, the shoe executives are reputable businessmen and would not, in even the slightest chance, break any laws.  And, the players know that money is just around the corner when they go pro, and there is no way they would jeopardize their eligibility and the integrity of their school by taking funds.  And, in the very remote chance that some distant relative of the player makes an attempt to benefit financially, I'm almost certain the the head coach of the team would step in an put an immediate stop to anything that looks remotely like an illegal payment. 

You guys are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists.  Heck, you guys probably want all of Phil Knight's grandchildren to be declared permanently ineligible if they receive a pair of shoes for Christmas..  

You've been hanging out with Bill Walton again, haven't you?

55 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

2051843314_laughspit.gif.38bbbd00f01050920c14c15506ffdcaf.gif

Archived