Trey Kaufman Commits to Purdue

KDB

9 hours ago, 5fouls said:

There should be a lot of opportunities to see Trey play against quality competition this season.  I have to think IU will have coaches at several games.

• Head to head against Furst on December 14th in Southport.
  • Against Jeffersonville (3 D1 level players) on December 20th
  • Potential matchup against Lawrence Central (at least 3 D1 level players) in Championship of Hall of Fame tournament on December 28th.  The first round opponent, Heritage Hills has a lot of talent as well.  
  • @Bloomington North on January 18th, but IU is at Nebraska same day
  • New Albany on January 24th.
  • Against Leal and Bloomington South on February 1st.
  • Floyd Central on February 11th.

Out of all those games, the Bloomington North game appears to be the only one with a conflict.  Would be surprised if at least one coach from IU is not at 3-4 of those games.

I'm sure you'll run into Chris Mack at those games...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

You're saying that much like Heinz, Kaufman is thicker than Brooks?

Good one...indeed and not only that but his game is and should be much more complete. His ability to shoot from outside on top of being able to score in and around the basket will set him apart.

This is the Courier Journal article from last November that mentions Trey's academic ranking.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2018/11/19/silver-creek-boys-basketball-trey-kaufman-kooper-jacobi-recruiting/1980488002/

Edit:  As this is before last season, you can ignore most of the basketball related discussion.  Silver Creek, of course, went on to win the 3A state championship.

57 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

This is the Courier Journal article from last November that mentions Trey's academic ranking.

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/preps/indiana/2018/11/19/silver-creek-boys-basketball-trey-kaufman-kooper-jacobi-recruiting/1980488002/

Edit:  As this is before last season, you can ignore most of the basketball related discussion.  Silver Creek, of course, went on to win the 3A state championship.

These are the kind of kids I want wearing a Hoosier uniform.  Thanks for for the link bro.

On 11/22/2019 at 5:55 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Cannot wait to see this kid play this year

Please keep us out of state guys in mind as the season goes along. Love to have some first hand accounts as to how his game takes a leap this year. I think he will give Lander a run for mr basketball.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Please keep us out of state guys in mind as the season goes along. Love to have some first hand accounts as to how his game takes a leap this year. I think he will give Lander a run for mr basketball.

Neither one can win Mr. basketball this year since they are juniors

6 minutes ago, HoosierMatty said:

My Dad told me her heard right now Louisville is really in the lead with Kaufman. I hope this isn't true. We really need to have a good season. 

Out of curiosity, is your dad hearing these from connections close to Kaufman, or is it idle chit chat among friends and co-workers?

24 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Out of curiosity, is your dad hearing these from connections close to Kaufman, or is it idle chit chat among friends and co-workers?

I apologize. Let me clarify. My dad heard this more as chit-chat. I'm not insider or have inside info. He also said her heard the same about Lander being and U of L. I don't know if this is true. I certainly hope it's not. But I think regardless signs of improvement helps. I live in New Albany so we live close to sellersburg.

10 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Is there Taco Bell in Sellersburg???

Yes.  There is.  Actually, it was the Sellersburg Taco Bell that put out the Romeo message.

https://www.si.com/college/2018/04/11/indiana-taco-bell-recruiting-romeo-langford

And, ignore the '13 miles away' mention in the article.  the two towns actually border each other.

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Yes.  There is.  Actually, it was the Sellersburg Taco Bell that put out the Romeo message.

https://www.si.com/college/2018/04/11/indiana-taco-bell-recruiting-romeo-langford

And, ignore the '13 miles away' mention in the article.  the two towns actually border each other.

I talked to the guy that owns it. He said his son runs it for the most part. At least that’s what I think he said. I saw him at another Taco Bell and he saw me wearing IU stuff and we talked for a minute. 

He was a nice guy. 

6 hours ago, HoosierMatty said:

I apologize. Let me clarify. My dad heard this more as chit-chat. I'm not insider or have inside info. He also said her heard the same about Lander being and U of L. I don't know if this is true. I certainly hope it's not. But I think regardless signs of improvement helps. I live in New Albany so we live close to Sellersburg.

Not that I'd discount Louisville as a contender, but I think you're going to hear a lot of pro-Louisville talk in New Albany due to proximity as much as anything.

Louisville has had a nice recruiting advantage for awhile now...cash to recruits, strippers...

It's time the NCAA grows a pair,  balances the playing field and makes a statement about consequences.

Archived