Where IU stands against SI's pre-season top 25

milehiiu

Not sold on the overnight resurrection of Nebraska.   Penn State is talented,  but I think they will really miss McSorely.  He wasn't perfect but he was really tough.

I think we have wins vs them the past two years if not for him.  Our Dline beat him up two years ago and he just kept fighting back.

We are a trap game for Michigan.   They have Sparty at home the week before and OSU at home the week after. 

Thanks for starting this thread Mile.

I really think we could upset any of them this year.  OSU has a new coach and new QB, so they might not be quite as good as they have been.

We've played Michigan really well the last handful of years, and I don't have any faith in Harbaugh as a coach.

Penn State lost their starting QB, and if we didn't suck on special teams against them recently, we would have played them pretty good.

MSU would probably welcome DeBord as their OC at this point.  If we can hit a few big plays against their good defense, we could knock them off.

Nebraska is a wildcard.  People are projecting them to be a ton better than last year.  We'll see how that plays out, but we could definitely beat them.

My prediction is we beat 2 or 3 of those teams.

#9windiana

16 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I really think we could upset any of them this year.  OSU has a new coach and new QB, so they might not be quite as good as they have been.

We've played Michigan really well the last handful of years, and I don't have any faith in Harbaugh as a coach.

Penn State lost their starting QB, and if we didn't suck on special teams against them recently, we would have played them pretty good.

MSU would probably welcome DeBord as their OC at this point.  If we can hit a few big plays against their good defense, we could knock them off.

Nebraska is a wildcard.  People are projecting them to be a ton better than last year.  We'll see how that plays out, but we could definitely beat them.

My prediction is we beat 2 or 3 of those teams.

#9windiana

I love the hashtag. 

17 hours ago, Andy06 said:

Not sold on the overnight resurrection of Nebraska.   Penn State is talented,  but I think they will really miss McSorely.  He wasn't perfect but he was really tough.

I think we have wins vs them the past two years if not for him.  Our Dline beat him up two years ago and he just kept fighting back.

We are a trap game for Michigan.   They have Sparty at home the week before and OSU at home the week after. 

Thanks for starting this thread Mile.

You are welcome Andy.  I believe you and Leather have identified the teams most likely for a Hoosier upset.  I hope so. 'cause, once again, it's going to be a struggle, IMHO, getting to 6 victories.  Hoping that I wrong. 

23 hours ago, milehiiu said:

# 6 Ohio State

#11 Michigan

#16 Penn State

#21 Michigan State

#24 Nebraska

WHEW !

Anybody see an upset or two, here ?

Well we have Ohio St and Mich St at home. I think we could get Mich St. I also like our chances against Nebraska. I think those two are out best shots at a upset. 

Archived