Do you ever revisit old threads?

Drroogh

I think of old (former members) all the time. Not just going back to old HSN 3 threads. But all the way back to John Decker's Hoosier Nation and HSN 1.  Guys like Craig Hoops.  Jaybob and Natural Hoosier. And I was just thinking about Husky Bomb, just the other day.  We had a connection, though separated by years. Fourth Infantry Division out of Fort Carson, Colorado. A guy who gave me his secured military e-mail account, while he was assigned to Afganistan.  And sent me a pic of his four closest buddies.  And then my heart shuddered one day, when I saw on Denver tv, that there was an attack on members of the Fourth.  Tried getting in touch with Husky. No Answer. No Answer. Then  heard that only one escaped the ambush , but that he took out the entire group of bad guys.  Then... I heard from Husky. And yes. He was the sole survivor. And all of the guys he sent me a pic of, just days earlier, did not make it out. 

So many members. So many memories over a decade plus. 

As always. Thanks to CC for making all of this to happen. 

14 hours ago, 5fouls said:

I sometimes scan for prediction related threads to laugh at some of the overly-optimistic posts.  Other than that, not too often.

I tried to find the thread on the day Victor was traded to Pacers and the reaction and comments/predictions. Otherwise I don't usually go history shopping. 

7 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I tried to find the thread on the day Victor was traded to Pacers and the reaction and comments/predictions. Otherwise I don't usually go history shopping. 

I dont either I don't need to reread all the things that I say that turn out to not be accurate. I have a wife for that.  I KID!!!

16 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Long live GovernmentCheese

Yes. I've got a great story about GC. That I have shared on HSN in the past.

Two other names.

Guys that were building their resumes. And HSN along with CC supported them in their efforts. Then once they moved on. Dropped us like a hot potato.

1.  Alex Bozich.  Relied on HSN to help build his site. Actually reached out to us as he was starting his site.  We supported him along his journey. Had private conversations with him as he built his site.  Then... once it got rolling, would never answer any of my pm's to him.  Love him. His dad. And his site.  But, still....

2. Zach Osterman.  Was part of 247, and Inside Indiana when we merged HSN with them. Told me that HSN was responsible for that old Scout site to take off. As nothing was happening there, before we merged HSN with them.  Again. Lots of private conversations. We even talked about the days when he was a part of IDS, before 247. Always thanked me for our support.  Moved on from 247 to the Indy Star.  And like Alex. Would never respond to me, after that.

That's the great thing about TDH.  Not only does he keep posting on HSN.  He still thanks us for our efforts to support him and his great site. 

Archived