LLWS

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I think the age rule change instituted in 2018 got it right.

When there were a lot of 13 year olds playing, I think it was a little skewed. But I think they have it right now.

I didnt see any 13 year olds this year, but did see some 10 and 11 year olds that made teams.

They should be playing 50' pitchers mound, 70' bases.. modified HS rules. 

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Thought this was a good chart for reference. This day and age of faster, bigger, stronger kids,etc...I don't watch close enough though. Are any of the little league pitchers getting the ball up to 70?

http://www.efastball.com/baseball/pitching/equivalent-baseball-pitch-speeds-conversion-chart/ 

When I played Little league we had a pitcher on my team pitching 70mph and he also had a great curve ball and knuckle ball.  He also hit 10 homeruns not your typical little league homeruns but actually over the fence.  he was the main reason we only lost one game all year and won the championship.

11 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They should be playing 50' pitchers mound, 70' bases.. modified HS rules. 

I'd like to see it in practice.

I live right across the street from a pretty sizable Little League complex. I wander over from time to time to check out games (if I think I can tolerate the parents that day). 

They group 10, 11, and 12 year olds here. The field dimensions and rules seem to fit ok, especially for the younger players. And I always remind myself that the kids I'm seeing in the LLWS are basically all-star teams from their leagues.

Interested to hear your thoughts on changes, especially leading off bases as you alluded to...

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I'd like to see it in practice.

I live right across the street from a pretty sizable Little League complex. I wander over from time to time to check out games (if I think I can tolerate the parents that day). 

They group 10, 11, and 12 year olds here. The field dimensions and rules seem to fit ok, especially for the younger players. And I always remind myself that the kids I'm seeing in the LLWS are basically all-star teams from their leagues.

Interested to hear your thoughts on changes, especially leading off bases as you alluded to...

I've coached it. A LOT of it.. 46' and 60' and no leading off is archaic for this age group and doesn't help them at all. 

Also.. Little League makes up about 10-15% of the kids that play baseball. FWIW. 

1 hour ago, rico said:

Well when I played. The bases were 75' apart.  Have no idea about the distance of the rubber, but it was not a "mound".  It was for 13-15 year-olds around my area.  But that was the early 80's.  

It currently is the same as high school. 60ft 6 inches  and 90ft base path

Its Babe Ruth league in our area

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Pony league and Babe Ruth I believe have the same measurements.  My oldest. Played played pony league in Cincinnati and Babe Ruth here in Greensburg and everything was the same except no mound. 

OK, I have no idea...been a long time.  Thank you.

Archived