Judge Gives Unique Sentence for Posing as Veterans

IUFLA

I like this sentence

Years ago, my oldest daughter dated a guy that initially claimed to be a Marine (don't EVER say Ex-Marine as they'll all tell you "Once a Marine, always a Marine.") but I subsequently found out he'd washed out in basic.

One day he shows up at my door wearing his Marine dress uniform. I asked him what he was doing, and he tells me he'd gotten a traffic ticket and was going to traffic court. 

I immediately told him to get off my steps and never return (that's the "G" rated version). 

Nothing sickens me more...

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I like this sentence

Years ago, my oldest daughter dated a guy that initially claimed to be a Marine (don't EVER say Ex-Marine as they'll all tell you "Once a Marine, always a Marine.") but I subsequently found out he'd washed out in basic.

One day he shows up at my door wearing his Marine dress uniform. I asked him what he was doing, and he tells me he'd gotten a traffic ticket and was going to traffic court. 

I immediately told him to get off my steps and never return (that's the "G" rated version). 

Nothing sickens me more...

Are dress blues even issued prior to graduation? Makes it all the more sickening if he went out and found a secondhand uniform to try and pull off the lie.

Once a Marine. Always a Marine. In fact.  Had one over for dinner. Yesterday. August 25th. To  help celebrate my 73rd ( Oh, my ! ) birthday. 

From this Viet Nam era vet.  Thanks to all our vets. Who have ever served.   Army. Navy. Marines. Air Force. And  even Coast Guard.

1 minute ago, milehiiu said:

Once a Marine. Always a Marine. In fact.  Had one over for dinner. Yesterday. August 25th. To  help celebrate my 73rd ( Oh, my ! ) birthday. 

From this Viet Nam era vet.  Thanks to all our vets. Who have ever served.   Army. Navy. Marines. Air Force. And  even Coast Guard.

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a blessed day!!

21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Are dress blues even issued prior to graduation? Makes it all the more sickening if he went out and found a secondhand uniform to try and pull off the lie.

No, it was the green and khaki dress uniform. In the USAF you got your dress blues like 4 weeks into basic. They gave you a clothing allowance payment, and you had to buy them.

Screenshot_20190826-154822_Chrome.jpg

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

I am going to send you a PM just how amazing that little boy is and another lesson that he has taught men. Expect it in the morning gotta drive home now.

Anxious to see it.  Kid has gone through so much. Recall when Hoosier Sports Nation petitioned IU for tickets for a game. And got shot down. Only to have Coach Crean learn of it. And stepped in. Amazing how time has flown by. And great that he is going on 12 years of age now.

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

No, it was the green and khaki dress uniform. In the USAF you got your dress blues like 4 weeks into basic. They gave you a clothing allowance payment, and you had to buy them.

Screenshot_20190826-154822_Chrome.jpg

I'll drop and give you 25 for forgetting service dress uniforms.

In my defense, if someone says "dress" and "Marine", it's hard to not default to their Blues. One of the most iconic military uniforms in the world.

BTW, kudos to you for allowing him to (assuming) flee your porch in terror. Had to be tempting to make him leave at least limping, or as he deserved, to be scraped off of the sidewalk.

30 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'll drop and give you 25 for forgetting service dress uniforms.

In my defense, if someone says "dress" and "Marine", it's hard to not default to their Blues. One of the most iconic military uniforms in the world.

BTW, kudos to you for allowing him to (assuming) flee your porch in terror. Had to be tempting to make him leave at least limping, or as he deserved, to be scraped off of the sidewalk.

The blues are iconic. I went to a cousin's daughter's wedding a few years back, and the groom was an active duty Marine who had served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He proudly wore his dress blues and looked so impressive. 

And it was hard holding back when I ran that kid off my front steps...geez, wiping your feet on those heroes to get out of a traffic ticket? 

Some people...

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Happy belated Birthday Mile...

My last birthday, my family took me out to a restaurant and brought my cake. I thought everything was cool til when we were about ready to light the candles, the manager told our server to go get the Fire Marshall's number...

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Belated happy birthday my friend and thank you for your service.

My brother was a Marine and served in Vietnam. He was a true hero and was awarded numerous purple hearts as well as the bronze and silver stars. In my opinion he was the original Rambo and deserves the Congressional Medal of Honor. He was the best of the best!

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

My brother was a Marine and served in Vietnam. He was a true hero and was awarded numerous purple hearts as well as the bronze and silver stars. In my opinion he was the original Rambo and deserves the Congressional Medal of Honor. He was the best of the best!

The amazing thing, if you ask him, or any Valor award recipient, their response is almost always the same: "I was just doing my job" and "I did nothing they wouldn't have done for me."

That's the definition of a hero.

16 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

The amazing thing, if you ask him, or any Valor award recipient, their response is almost always the same: "I was just doing my job" and "I did nothing they wouldn't have done for me."

That's the definition of a hero.

My brother never spoke about his military service. He and I were very close and only in the last few years of his life would he even answer my questions.

What he told me shocked the you know what out of me. 

What was sad is that when people would find out about him they would want to fight him. Many young men would push him to the edge and give him no choice but to defend himself. Being a martial arts expert he put many punks in the hospital. 

Tim was a true American Hero!

5 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

My brother never spoke about his military service. He and I were very close and only in the last few years of his life would he even answer my questions.

What he told me shocked the you know what out of me. 

What was sad is that when people would find out about him they would want to fight him. Many young men would push him to the edge and give him no choice but to defend himself. Being a martial arts expert he put many punks in the hospital. 

Tim was a true American Hero!

Intentionally wanting to fight a decorated combat veteran is a level of weapons-grade stupid that I can't even begin to imagine.

2 hours ago, jefftheref said:

It was a different time and age.  Vietnam vets never got the recognition they rightfully deserved.  I know from a first hand experience. 

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Happy belated Birthday Mile...

My last birthday, my family took me out to a restaurant and brought my cake. I thought everything was cool til when we were about ready to light the candles, the manager told our server to go get the Fire Marshall's number...

Thank you .  That's a funny story.  In my case they would say they could not afford to purchase the number of candles, needed.

Archived