Sampson James

OGIUAndy

I’m guessing it’s just a reference to awhile back when he was saying James would come to IU.  He made that comment, same about Hunter, and is now saying we have a legit shot at Garcia.  That’s the way I read it.  I don’t think it is anything current about James.  If you go over to the hoops recruiting page he is clearly talking about Garcia.

12 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I’m guessing it’s just a reference to awhile back when he was saying James would come to IU.  He made that comment, same about Hunter, and is now saying we have a legit shot at Garcia.  That’s the way I read it.  I don’t think it is anything current about James.  If you go over to the hoops recruiting page he is clearly talking about Garcia.

None of the other info in either tweet is a reference to the past, and the Hunter news is more than likely a reference that he’s 100%. 

53 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Well I was just taking a guess.  Either way, it seems he is lumping positive news together.  

I think @CoachSS is most likely referring to the fact that he'll get a lot of playing time based on other "reports" I have read. Fischer said he reminded him of AT. 

I love everything that I have read or watched about him. His head coach at Avon, (Bless) took he and his brother into his own home when Sampson was a sophomore. The name, Sampson, fits him perfectly. He is shifty,  powerful and low to the ground. His legs move and churn up field as if they were powered by two diesel engines. This kid is a human bulldozer! I am sure Ivory's decision was made easy when he saw all the talented RB's in IU's arsenal. He was going to have to out hustle, out power and out work the likes of Cole Gest, Stevie Scott, Ronnie Walker and Sampson James.....IU's group of running backs may be the deepest and most talented ever....

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I love everything that I have read or watched about him. His head coach at Avon, (Bless) took he and his brother into his own home when Sampson was a sophomore. The name, Sampson, fits him perfectly. He is shifty,  powerful and low to the ground. His legs move and churn up field as if they were powered by two diesel engines. This kid is a human bulldozer! I am sure Ivory's decision was made easy when he saw all the talented RB's in IU's arsenal. He was going to have to out hustle, out power and out work the likes of Cole Gest, Stevie Scott, Ronnie Walker and Sampson James.....IU's group of running backs may be the deepest and most talented ever....

They should all get touches. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few games this year where IU has multiple guys with 100+ yards. Having a strong running game will help take pressure off Penix. 

3 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

we had another sampson who was pretty shifty

Archived