IU No. 32 in Bill Connelly's SP+, but....

The extremes of blowout wins and loss over the last 3 weeks have all been outliers, even considering the opposition. Who are these Hoosiers? At least one popular national model puts IU at No. 32, but as always Big 10 play will provide the answers.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-football-who-are-these-hoosiers-were-about-to-find-out/

Great article, yet again. Really sums up the extremes of this early season. I don't expect a win this week, but really looking forward to a strong showing.  If we catch a couple breaks, things could get interesting.

Ohio St. is in another stratosphere.  Mich St. recruits better, but nothing completely out of reach. Everybody else on the schedule should be competitive and winnable.  Really hope Michigan implodes and we get them this year.

Ranked 75th, which I think is too low, by CBS Sports. Behind such powerhouse teams such as Troy, Marshall, Wyoming, Louisiana Tech, and 1-3 Houston.

32 is way too high, but 75 is too low, imo. Somewhere in the low to mid 50's is probably a more accurate evaluation at this point.

We will have our opportunities to move up, however. Hope that we can take advantage of them.

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

If Penix was healthy and I were a neutral third party, the only game I'd mark down as an automatic "L" would be Penn State.  MSU, Michigan and Nebraska with Penix.....puncher's chance.  Without Penix.....less than a puncher's chance, but not impossible.

Word is.  Coach Allen announced today (Monday, Sept. 23) that Michael will be returning to practice this week.

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's going to be day-to-day the rest of the year......*wink wink nudge nudge*

I hear what you are putting down.  Me ?  Rest him again against MSU.  That gives Michael two weeks, considering the bye after MSU.... to come back and destroy Rutgers.  LOL

7 hours ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Great article, yet again. Really sums up the extremes of this early season. I don't expect a win this week, but really looking forward to a strong showing.  If we catch a couple breaks, things could get interesting.

Ohio St. is in another stratosphere.  Mich St. recruits better, but nothing completely out of reach. Everybody else on the schedule should be competitive and winnable.  Really hope Michigan implodes and we get them this year.

almost every big ten team left on the schedule is playing below expectations. this bodes well. nebraska, northwestern, purdue, and michigan all look more vulnerable than in years past. hopefully we can get 4 more wins

49 minutes ago, coachv said:

almost every big ten team left on the schedule is playing below expectations. this bodes well. nebraska, northwestern, purdue, and michigan all look more vulnerable than in years past. hopefully we can get 4 more wins

Coach Allen keeps talking about opportunity.  That list bodes well, in terms of opportunities for our beloved Hoosiers. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Coach Allen keeps talking about opportunity.  That list bodes well, in terms of opportunities for our beloved Hoosiers. 

4 hours ago, milehiiu said:

beloved! oooo, how romantic

Archived