Videos. IU Media Day

milehiiu

I’m gonna be the first to say this. We all watched last years team and each players needs for adjustments, so why would none of these beat writers, journalists, etc. not ask Damezi(pick his brain) on what he’s done since the end of last season to improve his areas of need, and how confident he feels about where his game is now compared to the end of last year. Planting seeds seems to be a lost art with the majority of these so called writers.  It was semi started on one question but not a follow up. Sheesh!

1 hour ago, Milosh68 said:

I’m gonna be the first to say this. We all watched last years team and each players needs for adjustments, so why would none of these beat writers, journalists, etc. not ask Damezi(pick his brain) on what he’s done since the end of last season to improve his areas of need, and how confident he feels about where his game is now compared to the end of last year. Planting seeds seems to be a lost art with the majority of these so called writers.  It was semi started on one question but not a follow up. Sheesh!

Could not agree more. Solid IU journalism died with the passing of Terry Hutchins. And the retirement of Bob Hammel. 

I might get killed for saying this but journalist have just about gone the way of the dodo. All everyone wants to be is op eds or opinionist. They have a narrative already and want info to support their opinion and write their story. Instead of uncovering truth, asking questions, and letting the facts take the article where it should go. I’m sure there are a ton of good stories that could be written about this new 2019 team but instead the writers want to push a narrative from last years team and what they think will be the story of this years team. I’d be shocked if they even have a clue. You see it on the news and now you see it in the local papers etc...not sure what they teach but real journalism is hard to find. Ok...I’ll run along now lol.

Archived