Elston..

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Didn't want to start a new thread so feel free to delete if necessary. He's hitting the road? Taking a banking position in Carmel. Appreciate his efforts and contributions. I'm fine with this. Archie needs to have all of his guys in place. Wish Derek the best!

This is why Hoosier Sports Nation is the best IU fan site.  Who would have known ? 

Thanks for reporting !

And, like you. Wishing Derek nothing but the best.

4 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

This is why Hoosier Sports Nation is the best IU fan site.  Who would have known ? 

Thanks for reporting !

And, like you. Wishing Derek nothing but the best.

Should have added more. United  Fidelity is a bank here in Carmel. It's owned by Pedcor. Pedcor is one of the largest property developers in the area and key player in Carmel,etc.....makes sense for him to cash in while he can. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Should have added more. United  Fidelity is a bank here in Carmel. It's owned by Pedcor. Pedcor is one of the largest property developers in the area and key player in Carmel,etc.....makes sense for him to cash in while he can. 

Thanks for the additional info.  I think Carmel is a great city, by the way.

Best Place to Live in America - Carmel Indiana Ranked Best Place To Live In United States By Niche

3 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Thanks for the additional info.  I think Carmel is a great city, by the way.

Best Place to Live in America - Carmel Indiana Ranked Best Place To Live In United States By Niche

People can connect the dots on their own but it highlights why players from Indiana will always be taken care of. Pedcor is an IU friendly ownership group. Good for Derek. Probably doubled his salary and will live in a great area. Kudos to all involved. IU takes care of their own!!

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

People can connect the dots on their own but it highlights why players from Indiana will always be taken care of. Pedcor is an IU friendly ownership group. Good for Derek. Probably doubled his salary and will live in a great area. Kudos to all involved. IU takes care of their own!!

I cannot say enough good about that.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Wait really? I work for that bank at the headquarters in Evansville. 

2 hours ago, Indykev said:

Really this was just a made up position for Elston to baby sit all of Creans drunks. He was kept on by Glass for that purpose. I'm sure he wasn't paid much.

I'd say there's a lot of truth here...doesn't strike me as a real necessity of a position and when Derek saw another bench position hired, he probably figured his trajectory at IU was going to take awhile.  Like others have said, he's probably making double at the bank what he was getting at IU, so it makes a ton  of sense to jump for the money and start a career in banking.  I was a banker back in the day...not a bad gig at all if you get with the right company and a good location.

Archived