Underclassmen

I would have loved a win today, but how many times can we say we probably played as good or better than a top 10 team on the road?  I'm so excited about our future.  During the game, I was thinking about how many underclassmen we had who were contributing, so I looked it up.  We could be set up for some real good times ahead.

Freshmen/RS freshmen

Mullen, James Miller, Penix, Ellis, James, Sio, Bonhomme, and Bedford have all made solid contributions on the field.

Marshall, Sanguinetti, Cameron Williams, Robbins, Da'Shaun Brown, and Cooper have either seen some time, or have had the coaches talk very highly of them.

Sophomores/RS sophomores

Taylor, Cam Jones, Burgess, Head, Scott, Jamar Johnson, Walker, Jaylin Williams, Matthews, Fitzgerald, Allen, McFadden, Caleb Jones, Hendershot, Bjorson, Alfred Bryant, and Elliott have all contributed as sophomores.

We have more young talent all over the field than I can ever remember.  We have freshman and sophomores contributing at every single position on the field.  Literally every position.  If we made a starting lineup of just freshmen and sophomores, I think we'd all be excited about the team we would put on the field.  Can't wait to watch the growth of these guys, and watch them finish this season strong!

29 minutes ago, Leathernecks said:

I would have loved a win today, but how many times can we say we probably played as good or better than a top 10 team on the road?  I'm so excited about our future.  During the game, I was thinking about how many underclassmen we had who were contributing, so I looked it up.  We could be set up for some real good times ahead.

Freshmen/RS freshmen

Mullen, James Miller, Penix, Ellis, James, Sio, Bonhomme, and Bedford have all made solid contributions on the field.

Marshall, Sanguinetti, Cameron Williams, Robbins, Da'Shaun Brown, and Cooper have either seen some time, or have had the coaches talk very highly of them.

Sophomores/RS sophomores

Taylor, Cam Jones, Burgess, Head, Scott, Jamar Johnson, Walker, Jaylin Williams, Matthews, Fitzgerald, Allen, McFadden, Caleb Jones, Hendershot, Bjorson, Alfred Bryant, and Elliott have all contributed as sophomores.

We have more young talent all over the field than I can ever remember.  We have freshman and sophomores contributing at every single position on the field.  Literally every position.  If we made a starting lineup of just freshmen and sophomores, I think we'd all be excited about the team we would put on the field.  Can't wait to watch the growth of these guys, and watch them finish this season strong!

agree. we should just keep getting better over the next two years. we really need some running backs as we are getting nothing from james and walker. need a quick, break away back. future's bright

6 minutes ago, coachv said:

agree. we should just keep getting better over the next two years. we really need some running backs as we are getting nothing from james and walker. need a quick, break away back. future's bright

I think part of that is that we are spoiled by Scott.  Freshman running backs usually don't come in and set the world on fire.  I'm still willing to give them time to grow and contribute more as upperclassmen.

5 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

I think part of that is that we are spoiled by Scott.  Freshman running backs usually don't come in and set the world on fire.  I'm still willing to give them time to grow and contribute more as upperclassmen.

i hope so too, but they are not even getting carries

Archived