Jerome Hunter/Damezi Anderson

IUFLA

2 hours ago, MoyeCowbell said:

I have a laundry list of former players who fit this mold for me, but a few who stand out are Coverdale, Newton, Wilmont, Oladipo & Howard. It was awesome to see how much they got better as they progressed through the program.

If last night is an indicator, Devonte Green will be on that list. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

According to GBI, Robbie Hummel was on Dakich's show today and Dakich took a shot at Eastern. Said that he spoke with Eastern at B1G media day and that Eastern was the most immature person he'd met or something to that effect. Apparently Hummel was classy and didn't take the bait. Good to see DD stirring the pot someplace other than IU, but he seems to really like to go after players or teams that are struggling.

When IU fans praise a former Purdue player's response to a former IU player's question.....that former IU player should question his existence on this planet.

And good for Robbie.  He's one I would have loved to have seen in an Indiana uniform.  Tough, smart and talented.   

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I see Demezi as a guy, with that type of stroke, as a time bomb waiting for a 5, 6, or 7 threes type of night.  At the Kohl center Saturday would be great timing to pop.  Sick and tired of some dorky walk on lighting us up.  That crap stops now.  

The best is still yet to come for Demezi, Hunter, and even Davis.  They will shine in moments eventually.  

I'm starting to catch glimpses of Christian Watford in Damezi.  Maybe it's just the slightly funky shot, but I think it's also his demeanor.  Seems like he's the calmest guy in the arena (Well...next to Devonte, who has liquid nitrogen in his veins) no matter what's going on.  Not an incredible athlete, but better than you initially think. 

20 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

I'm starting to catch glimpses of Christian Watford in Damezi.  Maybe it's just the slightly funky shot, but I think it's also his demeanor.  Seems like he's the calmest guy in the arena (Well...next to Devonte, who has liquid nitrogen in his veins) no matter what's going on.  Not an incredible athlete, but better than you initially think. 

I'm hoping the light stays on for Damezi. Last night he came in with the attitude that he was going to play physical defense, and he did. I've heard he's one of the strongest kids on the team, and it shows. As I've said more than a few times, if he could get his defensive footwork straightened out, he could be an elite defender. As it is he was damned good, at least last night.

The B10 has always been a physical league, and I think he'll be very valuable during league play on both ends of the floor.

It came quickly (and I'm hoping consistently) for Damezi. Let's hope it starts coming around for Jerome too. 

If it does, we can make some real noise in the league and beyond.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, NCHoosier32 said:

true true.  too harsh.  i thought he looked awful last night.  he may not be awful.  i'm sure he has potential, but i don't want to see him in during important stretches in big games.  

I was going to joke around with you after some of the comments the past couple weeks about Hunter, to see if he stole your girl friend or posterized you or something along those lines, but was unsure how you would take it and did not want to create any animosity that is not there. Was going to be pure fun but i have learned some don't get my humor and sometimes it does not come across on a message board they way intended.😀

22 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In the post game, CAM commented how Damezi is a really good shooter and shoots really well in practice. He noted how big that 3 was. Damezi's high school coach described him as a natural shooter (although a bit unorthodox). I agree that the more he is just playing and not thinking, he could really be a weapon. CAM also observed how physical he was last night.

He does have an unorthodox looking shot but man is it a quick release. If he can just get going he can be a major weapon. He can get his shot off so fast that he doesn't have to be open to do damage. 

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I was going to joke around with you after some of the comments the past couple weeks about Hunter, to see if he stole your girl friend or posterized you or something along those lines, but was unsure how you would take it and did not want to create any animosity that is not there. Was going to be pure fun but i have learned some don't get my humor and sometimes it does not come across on a message board they way intended.😀

Go for it. I love what you bring to this board! If you ain't got a sense of humor, you ain't got nothin!

Archived