7. Penn St 11-9

8. Illinois 10-10

9. Iowa 9-11

9. Wisconsin 9-11

11. Minnesota 6-14

11. Rutgers 6-14

13. Nebraska 3-17

13. Northwestern 3-17

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. IIRC, almost ever media member picked us 8th-11th or so, which seems like its probably a bad prediction at this point with an admittedly small sample size. I am not aboard the PSU hype train yet, and I think the Illini are vastly overrated. Time will tell.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Well, we're currently tied for 2nd.  Or, is that 13th?  

Edit:  Now that I look at things closer, as of this moment, IU is tied for 2nd, only a half game behind Michigan.  It's Purdue that's tied for 13th, just a half game ahead of Iowa. 

I've always been a fan of the standings before any games are played.  Indiana always seems to be a good shape, just can't seem to get past that pesky Illinois.

21 minutes ago, rico said:

With all due respect to Scott.  It would be nice to finish in the Top 4.  That being said we need to do damage in the BTT.  Please!

I guess I don't understand why you mentioned me in this thread.  I would love to do well in the BTT but I don't think it is more important than winning the regular season.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I don't understand why you mentioned me in this thread.  I would love to do well in the BTT but I don't think it is more important than winning the regular season.

Because you are adamant about that regular season title and always have been.

24 minutes ago, rico said:

The auto bid goes to the tournament winner...

But winning the regular season will get you a higher seed n the tournament.  I would rather finish 1st in the season than finish 5th or 6th but win the BTT.  If you finish first in the conference and lose in the BTT you will probably be a 2 seed where the other scenario you probably be around a 5 seed.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

But winning the regular season will get you a higher seed n the tournament.  I would rather finish 1st in the season than finish 5th or 6th but win the BTT.  If you finish first in the conference and lose in the BTT you will probably be a 2 seed where the other scenario you probably be around a 5 seed.

Understood.  

16 hours ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

I show you mine, you show me yours.  Okay, that didn't come out right, but thought it would be fun to get a prediction thread going with things starting up tonight.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-big-ten-hoops-preview-and-prediction/

Level 1 - OSU, Maryland

Level 2 - MSU, Michigan

Level 3 - IU, PSU, Purdue, Illinois 

Level 4 - Minny, Wisconsin, Iowa

Level 5 - Rutgers, Nebraska, Northwestern

Iowa could go up to level 3 and Illinois could drop to level 4.

Not a big believer in Michigan and I think they drop to level 3 at some point. And I think a level 3 team surprises and jumps to level 2.

Archived