Generational fans who grow up in different States

Drroogh

So in the Non IU basketball thread there is discussion about Wisky being in trouble, and I found myself not feeling sorry for them at all! Then I started to reflect on my family roots and how that could be possible, and further how it is affecting my offspring!

You see my Grandfather was Dean of Botany at UW, both my parents graduated from UW, and more recently the daughter of my favorite Niece graduated UW, but since I grew up in Indiana IU is MY team! 

Have to say that since my children grew up in Michigan and their Step Father who I actually like, is a huge Michigan fan, I cannot begrudge my children for being Michigan fans! 

Starting to wonder who my Grandsons growing up in California and my soon to be born in July Grandchild in Illinois, who are their favorite teams going to be. Could be fun in future Thanksgiving get togethers!

Anybody else have these kind of generational migrations?

I don't think either one of my grandfathers cared a lick about basketball.  My dad was a huge IU fan, and my son is a huge IU fan.  As long as my son raises his children right (assuming he can find a girl that will take him), I think we have a chance to have a family dynasty that wears candy stripes.  

Just now, 5fouls said:

I don't think either one of my grandfathers cared a lick about basketball.  My dad was a huge IU fan, and my son is a huge IU fan.  As long as my son raises his children right (assuming he can find a girl that will take him), I think we have a chance to have a family dynasty that wears candy stripes.  

Hope it's true, but don't be upset if you Grandchildren grow up to be something other than candy stripers!

Born in Illinois. Dad/Mom Ball St Grads. Grandma and Grandpa on one side were UK fans. Grandma and Grandpa on other side went to U of I after WW2 and cheered for Illini.  Dad/Mom raised me a Hoosier fan growing up in Chicago. My aunt lived in Miami and my first college football game was in the Orange Bowl in 83 and have been a diehard Canes fan since.  My sister (Bears fan her entire life) moves to Wisconsin with husband (now ex) and became a Packers fan. Needless to say I could write an essay on fandom that would make War and Peace look like a Haiku. 

IU Hoops/Football, Canes, Bears, Cubs and Tiger. That's how I ride. 

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Born in Illinois. Dad/Mom Ball St Grads. Grandma and Grandpa on one side were UK fans. Grandma and Grandpa on other side went to U of I after WW2 and cheered for Illini.  Dad/Mom raised me a Hoosier fan growing up in Chicago. My aunt lived in Miami and my first college football game was in the Orange Bowl in 83 and have been a diehard Canes fan since.  My sister (Bears fan her entire life) moves to Wisconsin with husband (now ex) and became a Packers fan. Needless to say I could write an essay on fandom that would make War and Peace look like a Haiku. 

IU Hoops/Football, Canes, Bears, Cubs and Tiger. That's how I ride. 

So your saying, my family is not the only one!

Well both of my grand fathers passed away before I was born so I couldn't even tell you if they were sports fans.  My dad liked sports but is not a huge fan of any team but I got my love of sports from my older brother.  We have always lived in Indiana so we were always IU fans and we hated Purdue with a passion.

Archived