2023 NFL Discussion

rico

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Clearly no one decides, but anyone can state their pov. 
Frankly, not sure what brought you to this conversation because you really weren’t posting anything about the Colts game. 
I don’t care whether I am the favorite or least favorite poster here. I can take the jabs, but I won’t stop expressing my opinions. Sorry if they rub folks the wrong way.

Neither will we even if dull and monotonous 

40 minutes ago, Boiler Sam said:

If IU hoops was in year 6 of a regime, with no conference titles and 1 NCAA tournament win, would you be in favor of keeping the status quo? 

Just to add to the craziness.....Purdue kept Painter on the job after year 7 on the job and didn't win a tourney game for 4 straight years after that. What say you?

PS. Go Bears. To keep it line with thread.

4 hours ago, 5fouls said:

The Lions are a fun team to watch.  

They have a great chance to really do something special. Multiple first rd picks. Could easily take a couple difference makers on defense. Could be scary good. I keep seeing Meyers mocked to them. I’m sorry but with all the weapons on offense last thing they need is to spend a 1st on a TE. If that was the case why trade their starter if they didn’t think what they have to replace is adequate. Question is do they stick with Goff or draft a qb? Man that is tough….I don’t think I would try to spend a fortune to move up but if one fell in my lap…be hard to say no. Could easily let them sit a year and roll with Goff for one more to see how it goes. He is a perfect bridge qb.

Edited by dgambill

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sorry it was kinda sarcasm…I should have lol ed. I remember similar complaints about criticism of Archie even after it became clear we weren’t going anywhere under his leadership.

Ah, gotcha.  All is good!

The good news is a change of coach has already happened.  Now we see what happens next.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IU Scott said:

To me there isn't much difference for the Bears to have the first or second pick. You won't be picking a QB and the Texans will so the Bears will still have their pick of the best players available. If you have the first pick the best thing to do is probably trade out of that pick and get more assets.

The difference is having the opportunity to trade for more assets, that is the reason I'd prefer the top pick. 

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

So I see no way we don’t win next week. Zero. Houston won’t risk losing the #1 pick to win. Saturday wants the job bad so he won’t try to lose. I mean how crazy if we did try to tank…I mean I could see a legit 0-0 tie lol.

So what are the implications for this week alone for the Colts pick?  

22 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

So what are the implications for this week alone for the Colts pick?  

I think the Colts could land anywhere between the 2nd and 6th pick.  But three teams around the Colts (Rams, Cardinals, Bears) are all playing against teams that still have something on the line.  Maybe Denver does as well, but I’m not really sure.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

After watching the Colts this year. I understand the idea behind trading back and gathering picks but on the other hand don't make this difficult. Go get Stroud and figure it out from there.

I think we will have to get to #2 to take him. Which is fine. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Houston-Young

Bears-Carter or Williams or trade back

Seattle-Carter or Williams

Arizona-not drafting QB

Colts-Stroud

Lions and Raiders are likely at 6 and 7 so I guess they could move up. If I'm the Colts though I get Stroud. Just like what Fields did vs Clemson in national semis with broken ribs.....Stroud tore up a team with about 25 pros on it. I don't make this anymore difficult than it needs to be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

They have a great chance to really do something special. Multiple first rd picks. Could easily take a couple difference makers on defense. Could be scary good. I keep seeing Meyers mocked to them. I’m sorry but with all the weapons on offense last thing they need is to spend a 1st on a TE. If that was the case why trade their starter if they didn’t think what they have to replace is adequate. Question is do they stick with Goff or draft a qb? Man that is tough….I don’t think I would try to spend a fortune to move up but if one fell in my lap…be hard to say no. Could easily let them sit a year and roll with Goff for one more to see how it goes. He is a perfect bridge qb.

If I’m the Lions, I take defense with the Rams pick and potentially taking a QB with their pick that can sit behind Goff. But it would strongly depend on who is available there. 

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Houston-Young

Bears-Carter or Williams or trade back

Seattle-Carter or Williams

Arizona-not drafting QB

Colts-Stroud

Lions and Raiders are likely at 6 and 7 so I guess they could move up. If I'm the Colts though I get Stroud. Just like what Fields did vs Clemson in national semis with broken ribs.....Stroud tore up a team with about 25 pros on it. I don't make this anymore difficult than it needs to be.

I don't think thats how the top 4 will go. Jmo

Young...... then someone trades for No. 2. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I think the Colts could land anywhere between the 2nd and 6th pick.  But three teams around the Colts (Rams, Cardinals, Bears) are all playing against teams that still have something on the line.  Maybe Denver does as well, but I’m not really sure.

3 straight weeks the Cards blew one. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

It most definitely won't go the way we as fans see it. Someone will always trade up and blow the whole thing up....but whoever is sitting at number 2 and doesn't need a QB has the ability for biggest haul. Shoot I'd trade my Bears 2nd pick for Davante Adams right now and call the draft a success. Haha.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don’t think so, but if the Bears to risk not getting a generational talent on defense that would be on brand.

The two best players in the draft are defenders, I don’t see QB going the top two picks. Houston will probably take Young one because of need, but Carter and Anderson are too good to pass for the teams at 2 and 3. The risk would be the Cardinals at 4 trading back and someone moving in there IMO. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why would the Bears risk not getting Carter or Anderson though? You’ve said several times how hard it is to get players of that caliber on the defensive line in defense of the Colts not having one, now you’re saying a team will pass on players like that? Those are two of the best defensive prospects we’ve had in a while. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don’t think so, but if the Bears to risk not getting a generational talent on defense that would be on brand.

The two best players in the draft are defenders, I don’t see QB going the top two picks. Houston will probably take Young one because of need, but Carter and Anderson are too good to pass for the teams at 2 and 3. The risk would be the Cardinals at 4 trading back and someone moving in there IMO. 

Ok.. so then trade for the 3rd pick. If the Cards are the worry... you have to be 2nd or 3rd to pick ahead of them... I think QB2 is taken before pick 5. 

• Like 1