2023 NFL Discussion

rico

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The fact that this Andy Herman guy makes money from Tweets like this "says so much" too.  He's Tweeted or reTweeted several times about this incident, stoking outrage. 

The cynic in me says Andy Herman is more concerned with Andy Herman than he is an injured football player.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Madison22 said:

The fact that this Andy Herman guy makes money from Tweets like this "says so much" too.  He's Tweeted or reTweeted several times about this incident, stoking outrage. 

The cynic in me says Andy Herman is more concerned with Andy Herman than he is an injured football player.

I mean I don't claim to know enough about Andy Herman to comment on that or defend him, but I think it's absolutely a fair talking point. The NFL has never exactly shown much care for the wellbeing of players. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean I don't claim to know enough about Andy Herman to comment on that or defend him, but I think it's absolutely a fair talking point. The NFL has never exactly shown much care for the wellbeing of players. 

Isn’t it also fair to acknowledge that we don’t really know what the NFL communicated?  We had one TV reporter say that players were given five minutes.  But we don’t know if that came from the league office.  It may have come from game officials.  It might have even been reported inaccurately and was missing some context.  

6 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Isn’t it also fair to acknowledge that we don’t really know what the NFL communicated?  We had one TV reporter say that players were given five minutes.  But we don’t know if that came from the league office.  It may have come from game officials.  It might have even been reported inaccurately and was missing some context.  

Yeah, always fair to call the report into question.

But attacking the source because you don't like what is being said, not as fair IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Hamlins marketing rep. 

Need to be careful in accepting this as 'good' news if he is not yet breathing on his own.  When my brother had his heart attack, he stopped breathing as well, He was put in a medically induced coma at the hospital and placed on a ventilator. His 'vitals' were good.   In reality, he was brain dead due to the lack of oxygen, and the only thing keeping him alive was the ventilator.  We took him off life support two weeks later.  

I hope this is not the case here.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

My wife thought commotio cordis once she saw the hit. She didn't think with the way the hit was.. or how he reacted was it a neck/ head/spine thing. I'm not going to watch the replay anymore, I didn't think the shot he took to the chest was even substantial. Not that any of that matters, just.. sucks. I can't imagine Damars mom.  

I have also seen tweets/reports bitching that it took however many mins get him in the ambulance/to the hospital... they had to do cpr/allow the AED to work before they could move him at all. Especially if that severe. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, btownqb said:

My wife thought commotio cordis once she saw the hit. She didn't with the way the hit was.. or how he reacted was it a neck/ head/spine thing. I'm not going to watch the replay anymore, I didn't think the shot he took to the chest was even substantial. Not that any of that matters, just.. sucks. I can't imagine Damars mom.  

I have also seen tweets/reports bitching that it took however many mins get him in the ambulance/to the hospital... they had to do cpr/allow the AED to work before they could move him at all. Especially if that severe. 

Yeah if someone is in cardiac arrest you don’t move them, you do CPR and then AED on the spot. It seems like the medical staff did a great job and any chance Damar has at surviving is because of that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have always kind of liked Goff felt he was much better than serviceable and those numbers don't lie. With those weapons he can be very good. 

And with those guys on rookie contracts/while Goff isn't... Detroit might be in "win now mode" as weird as that is to say. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think the Lions will have a hard time taking a QB, knowing it's probably at best a lateral move Year 1, given the trajectory of their team. They've got so many guys in place and I really think that division will be up for grabs next year (Vikes due for regression), adding some impact players at other spots could really vault them to the top quickly. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think the Lions will have a hard time taking a QB, knowing it's probably at best a lateral move Year 1, given the trajectory of their team. They've got so many guys in place and I really think that division will be up for grabs next year (Vikes due for regression), adding some impact players at other spots could really vault them to the top quickly. 

I agree. I think the Packers are a little bit of a dark horse again, but I agree with you. Like Watson and Doubs take a step... Packers are back to being very legit. 

8 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree. I think the Packers are a little bit of a dark horse again, but I agree with you. Like Watson and Doubs take a step... Packers are back to being very legit. 

100% - I mean, right now the Packers are looking like a dark horse for this year. Realistically, if they win on Sunday and are the 7 seed.... which top seed is going to want to play them? 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

100% - I mean, right now the Packers are looking like a dark horse for this year. Realistically, if they win on Sunday and are the 7 seed.... which top seed is going to want to play them? 

Makes the NFC way more intriguing, imo... if they get in over the Seahawks or Lions. BUT.. I would still like to see the Lions in. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah if someone is in cardiac arrest you don’t move them, you do CPR and then AED on the spot. It seems like the medical staff did a great job and any chance Damar has at surviving is because of that.

Yup national protocol is cpr on the spot before transport, leads to the greatest chance of survival.   

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Wonder if Irsay will go after him? Colts have major issues from top to bottom, so whoever they hire better have their sh?? together, which is something the Colt's aren't accustomed to.